Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dingle's Hidden Gem: Quayside B&B - Unforgettable Irish Escape

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

Dingle's Hidden Gem: Quayside B&B - Unforgettable Irish Escape

Dingle's Hidden Gem: Quayside B&B - Unforgettable Irish Escape: A Review from the Heart (and the Stomach!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, 'cause I just got back from Dingle, and I'm still dreaming of the Quayside B&B. Forget postcard perfection; this place is quirky, charming, and about as Irish as a Guinness-soaked beard. I went in expecting a nice stay; I walked out basically plotting my permanent relocation. This ain't your sterile hotel chain experience, folks. This is raw, real, and utterly unforgettable.

Let's break it down, shall we? Because I have opinions.

Accessibility and Safety: A Sigh of Relief (and a Tiny Grumble)

First things first, the hard stuff. Accessibility? It's… okay. They've got an elevator, which is a HUGE win for folks who need it. But – and this is important – I didn't see a ton of specific adaptations throughout the property. I'd definitely advise calling ahead and asking specific questions about your needs. Wheelchair accessibility in particular needs to be thoroughly investigated before you book. They do have a safe dining setup, which is reassuring. And a doctor/nurse on call? Thank you, universe! The Anti-viral cleaning products and daily disinfection in common areas were also reassuring. The hand sanitizer was omnipresent. So, a cautious thumbs-up on safety overall. They clearly take it seriously. But the accessibility thing…do your homework, please.

The Room - My Sanctuary (and the Tiny Quirks)

Alright, now for the good stuff. My room? Oh, it was a cocoon of comfort. Air conditioning (bless!), Blackout curtains (essential for beating jet lag AND letting you sleep in!), and a crazy-comfy extra long bed. I’m tall so the comfy bit was heaven! The view? Spectacular. I’m not exaggerating when I say I spent an embarrassing amount of time just gazing out the window that opens at the harbor. Just breathing in salt air was worth the price of admission. And the complimentary tea? That got me through those early mornings. They also had a hair dryer, which saves me from lugging my own (praise the gods!). The soundproofing was also superb; it really blocked the sounds of the loud, happy people outside, which I appreciated.

Now, the quirks. The bathroom was… compact. Let's say I'm glad I was traveling solo. It wasn't awful, just… intimate. But honestly, who cares when you're in Dingle?! And the little details? Bathrobes, slippers? Loved it. Toiletries? Top-notch (and smelling divine!). The Interconnecting room(s) available and the Non-smoking are all thoughtful details.

Cleanliness and Safety: Seriously on Point

They really nail the cleanliness. Rooms sanitized between stays, professional-grade sanitizing services, and individually-wrapped food options? This is the level of detail that makes you feel safe. I’m a bit of a germaphobe (don't judge!), and I never once felt uneasy. This also made the experience that much more relaxing.

Food Glorious Food! (and the Michelin Stars I Didn't Get)

Okay, let's talk about the real star of the show: the food. Actually, everywhere in Dingle has amazing food, and the Quayside B&B contributed. My room had Breakfast in room, which was amazing! They also did a Breakfast takeaway service. The A la carte in restaurant, and also the buffet was very good. There was Asian cuisine in restaurant (a welcome surprise!), and the International cuisine in restaurant was also very impressive. The Happy hour was a nice bonus.

But the real winner? The breakfast! Forget your sad continental breakfast. This was a feast. Think perfectly cooked eggs, crispy bacon, fluffy pancakes, all the fresh fruit you could eat, and a constant supply of strong, dark coffee. I swear, I gained five pounds in those three days. And I regret nothing. I'm not very good at cooking, and I wouldn't even know how to begin to prepare such a meal.

I think the food was what sold me on the place most.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Paradise

The fact that they had a Bar – and a good one at that – made everything convenient. What's more, there was a Poolside bar. I only ate there once. There were Restaurants nearby. There was a Coffee shop! I'm getting hungry just typing this. There was a Snack bar, as well.

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost)

From concierge to daily housekeeping, Quayside made life easy. The luggage storage was a lifesaver when I arrived early. They even had a gift/souvenir shop. The Free Wi-Fi worked perfectly. The car park [free of charge] was also a major bonus. The currency exchange was handy. And the contactless check-in/out? (A big win!) The one thing I wished they had was a dedicated fitness center, which wasn't available. But hey, I was walking everywhere, so maybe that's a win in disguise!

Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Dingle at Your Doorstep

Dingle itself is an adventure. This is a great base camp to explore the Dingle Peninsula. The terrace was perfect for an evening drink. I didn't get around to the spa stuff (I was too busy eating and wandering around town!), but they did have a Spa/sauna. I didn't get around to the gym/fitness but it was available. They also had a swimming pool and a pool with view!

For the Kids (and the Big Kids Too!)

While I was traveling solo, I did see some families, and it looked like the Quayside was genuinely family/child friendly. They offer Babysitting service, and there was a general vibe of welcome.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy

The Airport transfer was a huge plus! They also had Car park [on-site] and Taxi service.

The Verdict: Book It! (But Pack Your Appetite)

Look, if you're looking for a cookie-cutter, corporate hotel experience, this isn't it. If you want genuine Irish charm, a warm welcome, killer food, and a prime location to explore Dingle, then the Quayside B&B is your place. It's not perfect (nothing is!), but it's got a heart of gold and a talent for making you feel right at home. I can't recommend it enough. Just… be prepared to loosen your belt a notch or two. And book early!

But wait, there's more!

Special Offer: Unforgettable Irish Escape at Quayside B&B!

Tired of the same old vacation? Craving authentic Irish hospitality and breathtaking coastal views? Look no further! Book your stay at Dingle's Hidden Gem: Quayside B&B now and receive:

  • 10% off your stay for bookings made before [Date - e.g., the end of the month].
  • Complimentary Irish Breakfast daily (prepare for heaven!).
  • Free welcome drink at the bar upon arrival.
  • Insider tips and recommendations from the locals on how to make the most of your Dingle adventure.
  • Bonus: A voucher for a traditional Irish music session at a local pub (because you have to experience that!).

Why Choose Quayside B&B?

  • Unbeatable Location: Steps away from Dingle's vibrant harbor, shops, pubs, and restaurants.
  • Cozy and Charming Rooms: Comfortable, individually decorated rooms with stunning views (some with harbour views).
  • Delicious Homemade Breakfast: Fuel up for a day of exploring the Dingle Peninsula.
  • Warm and Welcoming Hosts: Get ready for genuine Irish hospitality!
  • Safe and Secure: Clean, well-maintained property with a focus on guest safety.

Don't miss this opportunity to create unforgettable memories. Book your Irish escape today! [Link to Booking Website/Contact Information]

#Dingle #Ireland #IrishGetaway #QuaysideB&B #HiddenGem #Travel #Vacation #Foodie #Explore #HotelReview #Getaway #TravelDeals #IrishAdventure

Dalat Dream Villa: 4 Rooms, Lake Tuyen Lam Views, Lan Anh Luxury!

Book Now

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

Alright, alright, settle in, you beautiful mess of a traveler. This is not a polished travel brochure, this is my brain on Dingle. Prepare yourself. We're staying at The Quayside B&B. Good vibes only, hopefully. Let's see if I survive this…

Dingle, Ireland: Messy Memoir of a Trip (Probably Incomplete and Definitely Opinionated)

Day 1: Arrival and Utter Overwhelm (and Maybe a Guinness)

  • 14:00 - Arrival in Dingle: The drive was… well, let's just say "winding" doesn't begin to cover it. My stomach is still playing the Tilt-A-Whirl. Found The Quayside. It looks, I think, charming? My brain's too fried to confirm. The owner, a woman named Maeve (probably), greeted me with a smile that felt genuine… or maybe I was just desperate for human contact after navigating those roads.
  • 14:30 - Room Reconnaissance: My room! It's… cozy. And by cozy, I mean "small enough to trip over my own feet." But the view? Glorious. The harbor, the colorful houses… I could almost forgive the dust bunnies lurking under the bed (shhh, Maeve, I said almost!).
  • 15:00 - The Guinness Quest: Okay, let's cut to the chase. This trip began with the promise of a perfect Guinness. Found a pub down the street – Murphy's. Ordered a pint. Waited. Watched the bartender, who looked like he’d been pouring pints since the dark ages, work his magic. The head… the settle… And… it was… divine. Absolute heaven. Tears may have welled up. Don't judge me.
  • 16:00 - Dingle Town Stroll (and Mild Panic): I swear every shop in this town sells the SAME thing. Wool sweaters, Irish music CDs, and generic "Irish" trinkets. I was overwhelmed. I wanted to buy all the wools, but I had to stop myself because my bank account would have hated me. I did, however, snag a postcard that says "Keep Dingle Wild". It's fitting.
  • 18:00 - Dinner Fiasco (ish): Tried to get a table at a supposedly "amazing" seafood restaurant. Nope. Booked solid. Everywhere. Lesson learned: Dingle is tiny and popular. Ended up at a pub with shepherd's pie. It was… hearty. Let's leave it at that. The beer, though? Excellent.
  • 20:00 - Sunset Stare (and Existential Dread): Found a spot on the pier, watching the sun sink into the sea. Breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking. And then the existential dread kicked in. What am I doing with my life? Am I eating enough potatoes? Will I ever find the perfect wool sweater? Standard travel worries, I guess.
  • 21:00 - Back to the B&B: Bed. Sleep. Pray. (I need to find that perfect wool sweater!)

DAY 2: The Dingle Peninsula (and the Ghosts of Past Selfs)

  • 08:00 - Breakfast (and Maeve's Irish Charm): Maeve's breakfast! Finally. Full Irish. Delicious. Maeve is a treasure. Asking about my plans for the day, and giving suggestions. Turns out a little bit of Irish wit is a great way to get me feeling better about my poor planning.
  • 09:00 - Slea Head Drive - So, So Beautiful. This is the day I've been waiting for. The scenery is epic, dramatic, and breathtaking. Driving around Slea Head was amazing! The cliffs, the beaches, the winding roads… It felt like driving through a postcard. The sky was an endless drama. I seriously considered just pulling over, abandoning plans, and living as a shepherd.
  • 12:00 - The Blasket Islands' Look (and a bit of melancholic sadness) Stopped at the visitor's centre. Wow. This is a piece of history. So much history that I had to take a break from the beauty for a minute to take it all in. Realized again how small I am in the grand scheme of things.
  • 13:00 - Lunch at a random Cafe: Found a cafe with great seafood chowder. It was a total comfort.
  • 14:00 - Approaching Coumeenole Beach - The view of the beach. The view of the cliffs. The sky. I was taking photos as if I was a professional landscape photographer. I found a spot on the beach and sat there. Sometimes I think the simple things in life are the best.
  • 15:00 - Driving back Towards Dingle - I took a lot more photos. So many photos. It was a lot of driving.
  • 17:00 - Back to Dingle: Time to reflect on the past The town felt quiet, yet I had nothing else to do than to wander the town and think about the past.
  • 19:00 - Dinner (Round 2): This time I managed to get a table at a restaurant! Some fancy fish dish. Really good. The wine was even better.
  • 21:00 - Walk on the Pier: Watching the sunset and listening to Irish music. One of those moments where everything seemed right. This is the Ireland I wanted.

Day 3: (The day I got lost and Almost Ate the Wrong Thing)

  • 08:00 Breakfast (Maeve and her Advice): Maeve's breakfast again! Eggs and bacon, the works. "It's a grand day out," she chirped. "Just don't get lost like that American fella last week! Go south, you won't get into as much trouble". Well, Maeve, buckle up…
  • 09:00 - Trying to find Inch Beach: I don't know what it is, but I can't navigate. I'm terrible with directions. Inch beach was supposed to be a 15-minute drive. After an hour, I gave up and just drove, got a bit lost, and found a pub.
  • 11:00 - The Pub (Saving Grace): The pub had great beer, and a great atmosphere. I stayed for a couple of hours and recharged.
  • 13:00 - Lunch (The Almost-Disaster): Back in Dingle, I was feeling brave. Trying out the local food. Ordered something that looked vaguely like "fish" on the menu. Turns out it was a type of Irish stew. I don't like Irish stew, but had to eat it or I would have been rude.
  • 15:00: Whiskey Tasting: I was warned to be careful with this part of the trip. There were talks of some serious whiskeys being involved, and the possibility that the town would look a little different by the end of it. I'd let the good people of Ireland carry me home if I needed to.
  • 17:00 - Back to the B&B: Nap and Regret: Sleep. Regret the choices.
  • 19:00 - Dinner: I'm going to eat something bland. Something safe. A sandwich. A salad. Anything.
  • 21:00 - Bedtime: I'm not sure I'll go out again. I might just drink tea and watch a movie.

Day 4: Departure (And the Wool Sweater Still Eludes Me)

  • 08:00 - Another Amazing Breakfast: I'm going to miss Maeve's breakfasts. The best thing about this place.
  • 09:00 - Last minute shopping: Still no perfect wool sweater. But I did get a lovely scarf, and a book of Irish poetry.
  • 10:00 - Leaving Dingle: The drive out was still as gorgeous as ever.
  • 12:00 - Regret: I want to come back!
  • 13:00 - The Road (Windy and long): Not as bad as the way in.
  • 15:00 - Home: The start of the next adventure!

Post-Trip Thoughts (Incoherent Musings):

  • Ireland is beautiful. Like, seriously beautiful.
  • I still need to find that wool sweater.
  • Maeve is a saint.
  • I need to learn to navigate.
  • Dingle's magic is real. And I love it.
  • I'll be back. Just maybe… with a GPS and a clearer sense of how to order food.

This, my friends, is the imperfect truth. Go forth, explore, and embrace the mess. You might just find something truly wonderful. And if you see a woman wandering around Dingle in a frustrated search for wool, it might just be me. Sláinte!

**RedDoorz Syariah Near RSUD Kota Malang: Your Peaceful Stay Awaits!**

Book Now

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

So, Quayside B&B...Is it *actually* a hidden gem, or just another B&B riding the Dingle wave?

Okay, okay, let's be real. Everything in Dingle calls itself a hidden gem. The pubs, the ice cream, the *rocks* on the beach! But Quayside? Yeah, it’s pretty damn close. Don't get me wrong, it's not five-star luxury, but it's got *soul*. It's the kind of place you walk into, and before you've even unpacked your suitcase, you feel like you've been chatting with the owners, Mary and Seamus, for years. They're not just *nice* they're genuinely *good* people. See, this wasn't just another B&B flogging leprechaun keyrings. This was the *vibe*, maaaan. This was the Dingle-iest of Dingle. ...Just don't expect a fancy spa. You’ll be too busy guffawing your way through breakfast (more on that later) to even *remember* you were stressed in the first place. It’s Irish magic in a nutshell.

The location? Is it, you know, *convenient*? Or are we talking miles of windy roads to get anywhere?

Location, location, location! Quayside is *spot on*. Literally right in the heart of Dingle town. You stumble out the front door, and bam! You're practically breathing in the salty air, already within spitting distance of the best pubs and restaurants. And the harbour? Forget it. Five-minute stroll. I remember one morning, bleary-eyed from a late night in Foxy John's (ask about it, it's a must!), I practically fell into the B&B, only to be faced with Mary's amazing breakfast. The best thing about the location? The *lack* of noise. No traffic whizzing past all night, just the gentle lapping of the water...and on a really quiet night, the distant sounds of joyous pub shenanigans. Perfect, truly perfect.

Breakfast - the make or break of any B&B. What's the *craic* with breakfast at Quayside?

Oh, the breakfast! This is where Quayside *truly* shines. Mary is a queen in the kitchen. Forget your sad continental options and lukewarm coffee. We're talking full Irish breakfasts that'll keep you going until dinner, and more. Think creamy scrambled eggs cooked to perfection, rashers that actually *taste* of something, sausages that burst with flavour, and black and white pudding (don't knock it 'til you've tried it!). And the soda bread? Oh, sweet baby Jesus, the soda bread. Light, fluffy, and perfectly toasted. One morning, I overheard a couple arguing about the last piece. (And who could blame them?!) I might have, *ahem*, snagged a second helping (or three). And the coffee! Proper, strong, life-giving coffee. I was practically levitating with joy. Seriously. Forget your diet plans, this is a holiday. You must eat here!

What's the rooms like? Are they... clean? Comfortable? Or are we talking damp walls and questionable stains?

Okay, the rooms are comfortable. They are not the Ritz. They're clean, thank God! They aren't modern and sleek. Think more "cosy, lived-in, with a view that'll make you forget about the world." Some of the rooms have harbor views, which are fantastic. I remember waking up one morning, and the sun was just painting the water in shades of gold and orange. Absolutely breathtaking and definitely worth the early start!! The beds are comfy. The water pressure in the shower is good. And if you're lucky, you’ll get chatting with Mary about the best way to go for a hike. Honestly, it's all about the atmosphere. If you're after a minimalist, modern, hotel experience, this isn't it. But if you want a home away from home, with a proper Irish welcome, it really is perfect.

Anything *bad* about the Quayside B&B? Because let's be honest, nothing's perfect.

Alright, honesty time. There were *minor* things. The wifi wasn't always the quickest, but hey, embrace the digital detox, yeah? Who needs Instagram when you have the real-life beauty of Dingle at your doorstep? (Plus, I didn't go there to be on my phone all day!). And one year, the shower in my room was a little… temperamental. But honestly, does it *really* matter? It's a B&B, not a five-star hotel! And let's be fair, a temperamental shower is a small price to pay for Mary's breakfast, the cracking location, and the overall general loveliness of the place. (Besides, I was normally too busy in the pub to even *think* about showering.) Don't go expecting perfection, go expecting charm, craic, and a proper Irish welcome. And you, my friend, won't be disappointed. I would definitely go back. Again and again.

What's the best thing about Quayside B&B? Aside from the obvious (breakfast, location...)

It's the feeling. The *vibe*. Remember I mentioned Mary and Seamus? They're the heart and soul of the place. They’re genuine, warm, and they *care*. They make you feel like you're part of the family. They'll happily give you recommendations for pubs, restaurants, and walks (even if you're looking a bit worse for wear after a night out). I remember one time, I was struggling to find a local wool shop, and Seamus – bless his heart – actually *drove me* there. Just because. That’s not a service, is it? That’s kindness. It's this genuine warmth, this Irish hospitality at its finest, that sets Quayside apart. It’s a place where you can *actually* relax, switch off, and soak up the magic of Dingle. It's not a transaction, it's an experience. The best thing? Leaving and feeling like you've made new friends.

Would you recommend it? Be honest.

Absolutely! Without a doubt. Go. Just go. Book it now, before everyone else discovers it. (I'm almost hesitant to write this and spill the beans on such a gem, to be honest). It's the kind of place you'll be recommending to *everyone* you know. Just, you know, save a room for me. Seriously.

World Wide Inns

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

The Quayside B&B Dingle Ireland

Post a Comment for "Dingle's Hidden Gem: Quayside B&B - Unforgettable Irish Escape"