Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Iceland's Hidden Gem: Blabjorg Resort's Unbelievable Borgarfjordur Escape

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Iceland's Hidden Gem: Blabjorg Resort's Unbelievable Borgarfjordur Escape

Iceland's Blabjorg Resort: Forget the Blue Lagoon, This is the Real Icelandic Escape! (Because Let's Be Honest, the Blue Lagoon is a Tourist Trap)

Okay, folks, listen up. You think you know Iceland? You’ve seen the pictures, the Instagram feeds, the endless shots of the Blue Lagoon. Well, guess what? You're missing out. Big time. I’m talking about Blabjorg Resort, nestled in the Borgarfjordur region. And let me tell you, this isn’t just another hotel. This is an experience. A real Icelandic experience. And frankly, after my stay, the Blue Lagoon felt about as authentic as a plastic Viking helmet. (I actually bought one, by the way. Don't judge.)

First, the "Getting There" Grumble (and a Quick Shout-Out to Free Parking!)

Okay, so accessibility. Let’s be real, Iceland isn’t exactly known for its effortless commutes. But Blabjorg, bless their hearts, they've made it pretty easy. The airport transfer is a godsend, especially after a long flight. (And the roads are, you know, Icelandic roads. Scenic, but not always smooth.) Car park [free of charge]? YES! Huge bonus points. Seriously, in a country where parking can cost more than a decent meal, this is GOLD.

Wheelchair Accessible? I didn't need this, but I did see ramps and elevators. I can't personally vouch for every single nook and cranny, but they've clearly made an effort. So, well done, Blabjorg!

My Personal Paradise: The Room…and the Blackout Curtains of Dreams

Now, the rooms. This is where Blabjorg shines. Let me paint you a picture: I'm not a fancy person. I like clean, comfortable, and functional. Blabjorg delivered. Air conditioning? Thank heavens, because even in Iceland, you get the occasional heatwave. Blackout curtains? Oh, sweet, sweet blackout curtains. After a day of hiking and chasing waterfalls (more on that chaos later), those curtains were my best friends. I slept like a log, which, for me, is a modern-day miracle. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes! (And it actually worked!!). Extra long bed? Glorious. Hair dryer? Saved my life (my hair is a frizzy mess). Complimentary tea? My mornings were made. Look, the details matter, and Blabjorg nailed them.

Internet? It's a Lifesaver!

Let's be honest, we're all addicted to our phones. The Internet access – LAN was a helpful option, but the Internet access – wireless was what I needed, and it was reliable!

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Icelandic Hiccup!)

Okay, let's talk food. This is where things get…interesting. The breakfast [buffet] was a solid start. Lots of options. I dove headfirst into the Western Breakfast, because, well, I'm a Westerner. The International cuisine in restaurant was also a delightful option. And the coffee? Strong. (Important.)

I was particularly pleased with their dedication in Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. It's incredibly reassuring.

But here’s the thing. I’m a vegetarian. And while they did have a Vegetarian restaurant, it wasn't always obvious what was vegetarian, and I had to ask. (This is where that Alternative meal arrangement came in handy). But, hey, it's Iceland. Things aren't always perfect. And the occasional "lost in translation" moment is part of the charm, right? Besides, when you’re surrounded by such beauty, a slightly off-key meal is easily forgiven.

The Spa & Relaxation: My Absolute FAVORITE. Like, EVER.

Alright, folks, I'm saving the best for last. The Spa! The Sauna! THE POOL WITH A VIEW! The Body Scrub! Seriously, this is what separates Blabjorg from the pack. It’s not just about the hotel, it's about the experience.

I'm talking about the kind of experience that melts away all the stress of modern life. After a day of hiking (and, let’s be honest, getting slightly lost) through the breathtaking Icelandic landscapes (I saw waterfalls! Puffins! I almost ran into a sheep!), I needed this.

So, I dove in. First, the swimming pool [outdoor]. Okay, here’s the kicker: it’s set against this stunning backdrop of mountains. Breathtaking. The sheer immensity of this place is like nothing you will ever experience. I floated there for an hour, just soaking in the beauty and absolutely letting go.

Then, the sauna. The. Best. I have ever been. I spent so much time in there. After that it was the Body Scrub, that made me feel like a new person. And I’m not exaggerating. It was heaven.

Things to Do (Besides Doing Absolutely Nothing and Loving It):

Okay, so there are actual things to do, too. Besides the pure relaxation. I can’t speak to the Fitness center but I can assure you it's there. The resort can help you arrange tours or point you in the right direction for hiking, waterfalls, and exploring the nearby towns and villages.

Safety and Comfort: More Than Just a Hotel, It's a Sanctuary

Blabjorg takes safety seriously. I was very impressed with the Anti-biral cleaning products, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol. They clearly put the health and safety of their guests first.

The Emotional Verdict: Book It. Now.

Look, travel can be messy. Expectations never fully meet reality, and things inevitably go wrong. But, that's what makes it interesting. Blabjorg isn't just a hotel; it’s an escape. It's a chance to disconnect, to breathe, to experience the raw beauty of Iceland without the crowds and the tourist traps. It's a place where you can be yourself. And honestly, after the week I had, it was exactly what I needed.

My Honest Rating: 9/10 (Would be a 10 if they had more vegetarian options!)

The Bottom Line: Your Unforgettable Borgarfjordur Escape Awaits!

Stop researching. Stop hesitating. Book your stay at Blabjorg Resort NOW!

Unforgettable Borgarfjordur Escape: Discover Iceland's Hidden Gem at Blabjorg Resort! (SEO Friendly Headline)

Why Choose Blabjorg?

  • Unbeatable Location: Escape the crowds & experience the authentic Iceland in stunning Borgarfjordur.
  • Pure Relaxation: Indulge in the spa, the sauna, the outdoor pool with breathtaking views. It's pure bliss!
  • Comfort & Convenience: Cozy rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a range of amenities to make your stay perfect.
  • Safety First: Rigorous cleaning protocols and dedicated staff ensure your peace of mind. Plus free parking!
  • Culinary Delights: Enjoy delicious food with vegetarian options available.

Claim Your Unforgettable Icelandic Adventure!

Book your stay at Blabjorg Resort today and receive a complimentary bottle of Icelandic water upon arrival.

#Iceland #Borgarfjordur #BlabjorgResort #IcelandTravel #HiddenGems #SpaGetaway #Relaxation #Adventure #TravelDeals #EscapeTheCrowds #IcelandicExperience #IcelandicAdventure

Special Offer:

  • Book a stay of 3 nights or more and receive a 10% discount on all spa treatments.
  • Mention code "ICELANDESCAPE" at booking to receive a complimentary Icelandic breakfast.
Unbelievable Sri Lanka Hideaway: 98 Home Lodge (Dambulla & Sigiriya)!

Book Now

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-formatted travel blog. This is the unvarnished truth of my Icelandic adventure to Blabjorg Resort, and let me tell you, it’s been… well, it's been something.

Blabjorg Blunders & Bliss: An Icelandic Saga

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Rental Car Catastrophe (aka "Learning to Breathe Against the Wind")

  • Early Morning (aka "The Dreaded Red-Eye"): Ugh. Airports. The soul-sucking, fluorescent-lit purgatory of humanity. We finally land in Keflavik. And the wind. Oh, the wind. Iceland's welcome hug is a headlock from a particularly enthusiastic gust.

  • The Rental Car Debacle: So, the rental car promised a "compact SUV." What arrived was a tiny, slightly-squashed beetle. I'm pretty sure it would have been eaten by a sheep. Then, navigating Icelandic road signs… it’s like learning a new language! My already limited spatial reasoning skills were completely blown. Seriously, I almost drove into a ditch trying to figure out a roundabout. My co-pilot, bless her, just sighed and suggested we just park to be safe.

  • The Drive to Blabjorg: The scenery (once I'd gotten us off the roundabout) was breathtaking. Emerald moss, volcanoes like sleeping giants, waterfalls that made my heart ache with their beauty. I was already feeling like I was in a freaking National Geographic special.

  • Arrival at Blabjorg: The resort itself… well, it's charming, rustic, and… remote. Very remote. The kind of remote where you might actually see a troll. The cabin was cozy, though, and the promise of a hot tub felt like a godsend.

  • Dinner: The restaurant was pretty empty to start. Too empty. Then the tour buses started to arrive, and the place filled with boisterous, camera-toting (and sometimes a little loud) people. The food was… fine. I had the lamb stew. It was… hearty. I would say that it was good. But the view of the fjord? Divine. And the anticipation of that hot tub was growing.

Day 2: Hot Tub Heaven and a Waterfall Whisper

  • The Hot Tub Revelation: Okay, so the hot tub? Worth. Every. Penny. Sitting there, steam rising, the stars blazing above me, and the air crisp and clean… Pure, unadulterated bliss. Maybe, just maybe, I would die happy in that tub.
  • The Waterfall Fiasco (And a Moment of Serendipity): I decided to be adventurous. I convinced [travel partner] to join me on a hike to a nearby waterfall. Sounds lovely, right? Wrong. It started raining. Hard. We were basically walking rivers. The waterfall itself was magnificent, a roaring torrent of water crashing down, but the walk back? Brutal. I slipped. I maybe swore quite a lot. But then… a rainbow appeared. A full, perfect rainbow arcing over the waterfall. And for a moment, I forgot the cold, the wet, the fact that my socks were probably permanently ruined. It was a moment I will never forget.
  • Dinner: We retreated to our cabin, feeling quite wrecked, and ordered takeout (pre-made salmon and chicken- I'm not sure what to call it, but it looked and tasted like a sad, reheated school lunch ). We ate our meal and then decided to order some drinks at the resort bar. That experience went straight to utter chaos!
  • Quirky observation: I noticed the abundance of rubber duckies everywhere. Seems like Icelanders have a thing for them.

Day 3: Road Trip Rambles and the Search for Icelandic Horses (and Sanity)

  • The Quest for the Horses: Iceland is known for its gorgeous horses. We got up early and decided to drive and search for them. The landscape was so beautiful; it was easy to get lost. We drove for hours, seeing some, but not enough. The roads were bumpy and confusing, and all those "blind summit" signs sent a cold shiver down my spine.
  • Lunch stop: We stopped at a random cafe, the only place open, and by some miracle, the owner was amazing. She made us the most delicious sandwiches and told us stories of the island. She was kind, friendly, and warm in a genuine way. It turned out to be one of the best meals I have had in years.
  • The Emotional Rollercoaster of Driving: A moment of panic. The GPS lost signal. We felt lost, a little bit scared. We finally reached our destination-- the thermal pools.
  • The thermal pool The water was the most incredible shade of blue. We relaxed, soaking in the heat, and looking up at the clouds. It was so hard to leave!

Day 4: Bidding Farewell (With a Promise to Return)

  • A Final Stroll: One last walk along the fjord. One last deep breath of that crisp Icelandic air. I was strangely sad to leave.
  • The Drive Back to Keflavik: The wind was still there to say goodbye, a mischievous final gust.
  • Final Thoughts: Iceland is a land of epic beauty, of wind and water, of stark landscapes and hidden wonders. It's a place that challenges you, frustrates you, and leaves you forever changed. Yes, I stumbled. Yes, I grumbled. But I also reveled. I felt. I learned. And I'm already plotting my return. Next time, I'm bringing a better map, a warmer coat, and maybe, just maybe, a rubber ducky of my own. Blabjorg, you magnificent, messy, magical place, I'll be seeing you again. Probably.
Escape to Paradise: Patmos Aktis Suites & Spa Awaits

Book Now

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort's Borgarfjordur Escape: The Brutally Honest FAQ (Prepare Yourself)

So, Blabjorg Resort...Is it *actually* a hidden gem, or just another Instagram trap? Be honest!

Okay, deep breath. Here's the unfiltered truth. Blabjorg? Hidden? YES. Gem? ... Mostly. Look, the internet paints a rosy picture, all perfect lighting and blissed-out smiles. Real life? A little more...gritty. Borgarfjordur, the area, is genuinely stunning. Think dramatic cliffs, puffins galore (more on that later!), and a raw, untamed beauty. The resort itself? Well, it depends on your expectations. It's not the Four Seasons. It's more like… a really charming, slightly eccentric, family-run operation that's trying *really* hard. Prepare for some quirks. Embrace them. You’ll thank me later.

What's the accommodation situation like? Cozy cabins or soulless hotel rooms? Spill the tea.

Okay, picture this: tiny, adorable cabins, dotted around the property. I swear, they've got to be designed to make you say "awwww" out loud. They *are* cozy, with those lovely wooden interiors that just scream "hygge." But (and there’s always a "but," isn't there?)…space is at a premium. Suitcases? Good luck. You *will* be living out of them. And the bathroom? Let's just say, if you're a tall person, you might need to get friendly with the curved ceiling. (My partner, bless his lofty heart, spent the entire trip ducking. It became a running joke – and a sore neck.) But the charm factor is STRONG. And honestly? After a long day hiking, you won't care. You'll just crawl in, sink into that ridiculously comfortable bed, and embrace the snugness.

The food! I’m a foodie. Is Blabjorg worth it for the culinary experience?

Okay, let’s be brutally honest again. Don’t expect Michelin-starred dining. The food isn't *bad*, but it's…consistent. Think hearty, home-style Icelandic fare. Plenty of fish (obvs!), lamb, and the occasional surprise. The breakfast buffet? A glorious carb-fest. You will *absolutely* overeat on the waffles. I did. Multiple times. And the bread? To die for. Seriously, I could have lived on just the bread. Dinner is where things get interesting. Sometimes, it's incredible. Sometimes, it's a little… underwhelming. It depends on the chef's mood, I reckon. But the atmosphere? Always warm, inviting. And the views from the dining room are spectacular. And, y'know, beer. They have beer. And that's sometimes all that truly matters, especially after a long day of exploring.

Let's get specific. What's the *one* thing I absolutely MUST do while staying at Blabjorg?

Okay, THIS is the important part. For. The. LOVE. Of. Puffins. Go to the Borgarfjörður Eystri cliffs. Seriously. Just do it. Book a tour (though the ones that run from the resort can be…well, let's just say, they operate on Icelandic time). The tour guide, bless his heart, was about as punctual as a glacier melting – hours late, a truck with a sketchy muffler, the works. But…the puffins. Oh. My. God. They're like tiny, adorable clowns, waddling around, squawking, and generally being the cutest things on the planet. We spent hours just watching them, mesmerized. It was… well, it was a spiritual experience. I'm not even kidding. I'm pretty sure I shed a tear. (Okay, maybe several.) It was a complete, utter, and total *infatuation.* The smell of the cliff, combined with the chaos and cuteness of the birds? Pure, unadulterated bliss. This experience alone is worth the trip, even with all of Blabjorg's quirks.

Okay, what about the downsides? Be brutally, brutally honest.

Right. Brace yourselves. Firstly, the Internet. Or lack thereof. It's patchy. Like, seriously patchy. Embrace the digital detox. You'll be forced to. Secondly, the weather. Welcome to Iceland! It can change on a dime. Literally. Be prepared for all seasons, all the time. Rain, wind, sunshine, hail... you name it, you'll probably experience it. Thirdly, it's remote. *Really* remote. Stock up on snacks. The nearest supermarket can be a drive. Oh! And the driving. Expect long stretches of… well, nothing. Beautiful nothing, mind you, but still…nothing. Lastly, the pace. Everything moves a little slower in Iceland. Embrace it. Don't expect lightning-fast service. Just…chill. Take a deep breath and get ready to lean into it. It's part of the charm. The slightly infuriating, yet ultimately endearing, charm.

Is it kid-friendly? Because mine are… energetic.

Yes and no. Honestly, it depends on your kids. There's space to run around, and the scenery is incredible. But there isn't a dedicated kids' club or anything like that. So you'll need to be prepared to entertain them. The hiking is great, but it's also challenging. The puffins are a guaranteed hit, of course. But if your kids are the type that constantly need to be occupied… well, pack a *lot* of entertainment. iPads, books, games. You get the picture. I saw a few families there. They all looked…tired. But happy. I suspect. Just…be realistic. Iceland is a magical place, but it's also a place where you might hear "Are we there yet?" a *lot*.

Okay, I'm sold. But is it *really* worth the price tag? Iceland's expensive!

Okay, this is the big one, isn't it? Yes, Iceland is expensive. And Blabjorg is… well, it's not cheap. But consider the experience. You're paying for the isolation, the stunning scenery, the chance to see the puffins, and to feel like you're a million miles away from the rest of the world. Is it worth it? Honestly? Probably. If you're looking for a luxury experience, then, no. But if you're looking for an authentic, unforgettable adventure, a place where you can truly switch off, and be completely and utterly amazed, then, consider the cost. Consider also the memories you will take with you. The puffins alone, for me, were worth it. Every single penny. But you do have to ask yourself, will you regret it if you don't go?

Any final thoughts? Anything I *absolutely* need to know before I go? Tell me the secret code!

Okay, here’s your final, super-secret, absolutely essential piece of advice: Pack proper rain gearFindelicious Hotels

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Blabjorg Resort Borgarfjordur Iceland

Post a Comment for "Iceland's Hidden Gem: Blabjorg Resort's Unbelievable Borgarfjordur Escape"