Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Astypalaia's Hidden Gem: Kalderimi Residencies - Unbelievable Views!

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Astypalaia's Hidden Gem: Kalderimi Residencies - Unbelievable Views!

Astypalaia's Hidden Gem: Kalderimi Residencies - Unbelievable Views! - My Honest, Unfiltered Take

Alright, listen up, because I just got back from a trip to Astypalaia, and I'm here to spill the tea on Kalderimi Residencies. They call it a "Hidden Gem," and, well, they're not exactly lying. But let's get real – is it your kind of gem? Let's dive in, shall we? I’m going to be honest, I'm not the most patient reviewer, but here goes some scattered thoughts.

First, the "Unbelievable Views." Yeah, they're a thing. Like, seriously. We’re talking postcard-worthy, jaw-dropping, "make your Instagram followers jealous" kind of views. Waking up to the Aegean stretching out before you… It’s enough to make you forget about that mountain of laundry waiting back home. (Okay, almost). The hotel itself is perched on a hillside, which means… you guessed it, a bit of a climb to reach your room.

Getting Around & Access – The Good and the… Less Good.

  • Accessibility: Okay, let's be honest, this isn't the best for wheelchair users. It's built on a hillside, which equals stairs. They do have an elevator, I think, but it's worth confirming with the hotel directly, especially if accessibility is a priority.
  • Getting There: Airport transfer is available, which is a godsend. Seriously, after the flight, a comfy ride is a huge YES. They also have a car park, which is free, because, thankfully, car rentals are kinda a must in this island.
  • Other stuff: They do have a concierge, and I swear, they are always ready to help. They even have a doctor/nurse on call, which is a nice touch. A little reassuring!

Rooms & Comfort – Where the Magic Happens (Mostly).

  • The Basics: Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi (hallelujah!)? Check. Comfy bed? Big check. They provide the essentials. Each room comes with an extra-long bed which is great to stretch.
  • The Details: I loved the blackout curtains! Seriously, a lifesaver after a late night out (and trust me, you’ll have those). They have a coffee/tea maker, which is a must for me. The room offered a seating area, which was super relaxing with a nice book with a window view. Daily housekeeping means you don't have to lift a finger (unless you want to).
  • My favorite thing? The VIEW.. Seriously. It made every little imperfection – and there were a few, as there always are – almost disappear. I’m not gonna lie, I spent a ton of time just staring out the window.
  • Downsides: In my room at least, the internet could be patchy at times. Internet access - wireless in all rooms! And the TV channels were a bit limited. Not a deal-breaker, but if you're addicted to your shows, pack some downloads.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking – Fueling the Fun (and the Overeating).

  • Breakfast: Honestly, the breakfast buffet was pretty decent. A buffet with a wide variety of options (fruits, pastries, etc.) and even some yummy Asian breakfast options. You can eat buffet in the restaurant to indulge in that delicious breakfast. I may have gone back for seconds… and thirds. Breakfast in room is also a nice touch, especially if you feel lazy.
  • Restaurants, Bars & Coffee shops: The on-site restaurant is a life-saver when you're feeling lazy. They also have a bar with a poolside bar and a coffee shop for your caffeine fix.
  • Other: They had a snack bar, which was pure genius for grabbing a quick bite. They had a bottle of water, which is the perfect thing to have available especially with the heat of the island.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Because, Hello, Vacation!

  • The Pool: The swimming pool [outdoor], and the pool with a view is where you'll spend a lot of your time! Taking a swim with that view is simply unreal.
  • Spa & Wellness: Ah, now we’re talking. They have a spa with steamroom, as well as massages and a sauna. I got a body scrub, and I’m still glowing, if I’m being honest.
  • Fitness Center: They had a fitness center, so, you know, if you're the type who actually works out on vacation, you're covered. I didn't go, but hey, it's there.
  • Relaxation: The terrace is perfect for chilling with a drink in the evening and soaking up the sunset. They have some amazing views!

Cleanliness & Safety – Gotta Keep it Real.

  • COVID-19 Stuff: They took the COVID stuff seriously. Hygiene certification, hand sanitizer everywhere, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocol. I felt pretty safe. They offered room sanitization opt-out, which is appreciated!
  • * Room: The rooms were sanitized between stays, and they used anti-viral cleaning products.

Services & Conveniences – The Stuff That Makes Life Easier.

  • The Helpful Stuff: Daily housekeeping is amazing. Luggage storage is a lifesaver when you're waiting for a flight. The concierge is a godsend.
  • Other good stuff: They had a convenience store, which is perfect for grabbing snacks and essentials. They have an elevator for reaching your room!

For the Kids! – Family friendly?

  • Babysitting service. They have babysitting, which is perfect for parents. They are family friendly.

My "Wow" Moment – The Sunset… and the Secret

Okay, this is where I get personal. One evening, I was sitting on my balcony, glass of local wine in hand, watching the sun sink into the Aegean. The colors were insane – pinks, oranges, purples… all reflecting off the whitewashed buildings of Astypalaia. It was pure magic. And then, I noticed something… a tiny, almost hidden path leading off towards the edge of the property. Curiosity got the better of me. I followed the path, and it led to a small, secluded spot with an even more spectacular view of the sunset. It was like finding a secret treasure. That little spot, just for me, became my sanctuary. It's those tiny moments that make a trip unforgettable, and Kalderimi Residencies provided the backdrop for many.

The Imperfections (Because Let's Be Honest)

Okay, so it wasn't perfect. The Wi-Fi, as I mentioned, wasn't always the strongest. And the food, while good, wasn't Michelin-star level. There were a few minor hiccups here and there – you know, the usual travel stuff. But honestly? I wouldn’t let them ruin the experience.

The Verdict – Should You Book It?

Yes, absolutely, if you like breathtaking views, want a relaxing escape, and are okay with a few minor imperfections. It's not the glitziest hotel, but it oozes charm and that secret-treasure vibe.

No, if you need absolute perfection, if access is a major concern, or if you're looking for a super-lively party scene.

Here's the honest truth: I'm already dreaming about going back. And I hope you book it, and that you find your own secret sunset spot.

---

Compelling Offer for Astypalaia's Hidden Gem: Kalderimi Residencies - Unbelievable Views!

Stop Dreaming, Start Living the Astypalaia Magic!

Tired of the same old vacations? Craving a getaway that's both breathtaking & real? Then lose yourself in the charm of Astypalaia and experience the unforgettable at Kalderimi Residencies – your escape to a world-class view!

Imagine this:

  • Waking up to unbelievable, panoramic views of the Aegean Sea from your private balcony. (Seriously, your Instagram feed will thank you!)
  • Dipping into a stunning infinity pool while soaking up the Greek sun.
  • Indulging in a delicious breakfast buffet (or even breakfast in your room - because, vacation!) with local delicacies to start your day.
  • Unwinding with a rejuvenating massage or spa treatment in the perfect relaxation.
  • And, most importantly, experiencing the genuine warmth and hospitality of the Kalderimi Residencies team, who are dedicated to making your stay truly special.

Why Book Now?

  • Unbeatable Views: We're talking postcard-perfect scenery from every corner of the hotel.
  • Comfort & Relaxation: Cozy rooms with all the essentials, plus a spa, sauna and pool to help you unwind.
  • Authentic Experience: Get a taste of true Greek hospitality in a tranquil setting.
  • Convenience: Free Wi-Fi, airport transfer available, an on-site restaurant and more!
  • Limited Time Offer: For a limited time, book your stay at Kalderimi Residencies and receive a complimentary bottle of local wine to
Unbelievable Tuscany Escape: Belvilla's Poppi Gem Awaits!

Book Now

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Okay, buckle up buttercups. This isn't your pristine travel brochure itinerary – this is the raw, unfiltered, sun-kissed diary of my Astypalaia escape at Kalderimi Residencies. Prepare for typos, tangents, and the glorious mess that is me.

Astypalaia: Operation "Get Lost and Love It" - A Totally Unreliable Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Airport Anxiety (and the BEST Hummus Ever)

  • Morning (ish) - Arrival at Astypalaia Airport (JTY): Okay, first things first. Getting HERE was an adventure. I flew into Athens, a madhouse, then the teensy Astypalaia flight – feels like you're in a prop plane from the 1950s! But the LANDING… OH. MY. GOD. It’s on top of a mountain. Wind. Views. Barely a runway. Made me want to pray, and I haven't prayed since… well, since I spilled red wine on a borrowed white dress at my cousin's wedding! Anyway, survived.
    • Anecdote: The taxi driver, bless him, spoke INCREDIBLE English with a thick Greek accent. He told me the airport terminal used to be a goat shed. I genuinely believed him.
  • Afternoon - Check-in at Kalderimi Residencies: The whitewashed beauty! And yes, it's as charming as the photos. My room? A glorious, rustic mess with a balcony screaming for sunset cocktails. But – and this is a big BUT – I couldn’t find the damn light switch for five minutes. Flailing around in the dark, muttering about "modern conveniences." Note to self: pack a headlamp.
  • Afternoon - Lunch at a Random Taverna (Kalderimi Residencies' proximity is a blessing): Oh, the hummus. Seriously, the BEST HUMMUS I'VE EVER TASTED. I swear it’s made with pure sunshine and magic. I may have ordered two helpings. And, because I’m me, spilled some on my t-shirt. Sigh.
  • Evening - Exploring Chora (Astypalaia Town): Cobblestone streets, bougainvillea cascading down walls, cats that judge you (and I fed them, shhh). Feeling like I've stepped into a postcard, but one with a slightly wonky frame. Got lost (naturally) but discovered a hidden bakery with the most addictive almond cookies. Ate three. No regrets.
    • Quirky Observation: The cats here are majestic. They look like they own the place (and probably do).

Day 2: Beach Bumming and (Almost) Drowning My Sorrows

  • Morning - Agios Ioannis Beach: Okay, the beach. The water. Seriously turquoise and clear! Spent the morning getting slightly sunburned, reading a trashy novel, and feeling utterly, blissfully lazy.
    • Emotional Reaction: Happiness. Pure, unadulterated happiness. I needed this.
  • Afternoon - Lunch at a Beach Taverna: Fresh seafood, local wine… life is good, yes? Then…well, then the waves got a little too enthusiastic. Thought I was going to drown. Dramatic, I know, but that's how it felt. Choked down a mouthful of seawater while trying to look graceful. Failed miserably. Vowed to be a more competent swimmer.
  • Late Afternoon - Drying off and contemplating my near-death experience: The sun felt lovely on my skin, after that near-drowning experience.
  • Early Evening - Sunset Cocktails at a Bar in Chora: Okay, back to the good stuff. Finding a bar with insane sunset views. The setting sun painted the sky in hues I didn't even know existed. Ordered a cocktail (or two… or three). Suddenly, my near-death experience felt a lifetime away. Maybe it's the ouzo. Maybe its the view.
    • Opinionated Language: Screw the bad stuff, I say! This view is the best thing since sliced bread!
  • Night - Dinner at a Fish Restaurant: I swear, this restaurant was almost on the edge of a cliff. Food was okay. The fish was fresh, cooked just right, but I was really in the mood for something other than fish… my fault, I suppose. Anyway, the view was incredible.

Day 3: The Castle, the Climb, and the "I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing" Dinner

  • Morning - Climb to the Venetian Castle: Okay, this was a workout. Like, seriously. The climb is STEEP. But the views… breathtaking. Felt like I was king of the world (until I ran out of breath). The castle itself is beautiful, full of history. Wandered around for a bit, pretending to be a medieval princess. (Don't judge.)
    • Messier Structure: Seriously, it's a climb. Be prepared. Bring water. Seriously.
  • Lunch - Quick Bite in Chora: Grabbed a souvlaki. Best souvlaki EVER. Ate it while sitting on a tiny stoop, watching the world go by.
  • Afternoon - Relaxation, Reflection, and Regrets: Lounged by the pool at Kalderimi Residencies, but the lingering fear of water made me spend most of my time perched on the edge of the pool. I decided to not swim that day.
    • Rambles: Thinking about this whole trip. About life. About who I am. About what I had for breakfast. Random, I know. But that's me.
  • Evening - Dinner Back in Chora (Oh, the Food!): Found another restaurant. The food was a symphony of flavors. I ate everything. Everything! The portions are HUGE in Greece. I feel like I am going to explode.
    • Stronger Emotional Reactions: Okay, I may have overdone it. But the food was amazing! The waiter was cute, the atmosphere was perfect. No regrets… until my waistband protested.

Day 4: Doubling Down on an Experience

  • Morning - Revisited Agios Ioannis Beach: I was determined to conquer my fear of the sea.
    • Doubling Down on a Single Experience: I spent the entire morning in the water, determined to conquer my fear. I swam. I floated. I tried to not panic every time a wave rolled by. I made progress. And I felt triumphant.
  • Afternoon - Lazy Afternoon I spent my afternoon reading, drinking water, and enjoying the view.
  • Early Evening - Sunset Cocktails at a Bar in Chora (YES, AGAIN!): You can't judge me. The sunset is too gorgeous.
  • Night - Packing, Planning, and Procrastination: Ugh. Reality. Packing. The thought of leaving is making me sad. I will make it back to Astypalaia.

Day 5: Departure (and the inevitable airport drama)

  • Morning - Final Greek Breakfast at Kalderimi Residencies Final bit of sunshine. Reluctant check out.
  • Morning - Airport Chaos: The airport is small, the flight is delayed, and I'm a mess of emotions.
    • Stronger Emotional Reactions: Leaving is hard. This place has gotten under my skin. Going to miss the food, the sun, the cats… everything.
  • Afternoon - Departure back to Athens… and the real world.
    • Final Remarks: Astypalaia, you were the perfect blend of beauty, messiness, and pure joy. I’ll be back to conquer you. And your hummus. And maybe learn to swim properly.
Unbelievable Haiphong Luxury: TQ Hotel & Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies: FAQ - Prepare to be *Wowed* (Mostly)

Okay, okay, Kalderimi Residencies - What's the *actual* deal? Beyond the postcard photos?

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because "unbelievable views" is *not* hyperbole here. But *real* life is never quite as filtered as Instagram, is it? Basically, Kalderimi is a collection of… let's call them *charming* apartments carved into the hillside of Astypalaia. The views? Seriously, they'll steal your breath. Picture this: the Aegean Sea shimmering, the Chora (the main town) spilling down the cliffside, and then… the sunset. OMG, the sunsets! I'm not usually one for gushing, but one night, I swear, I literally gasped. My husband, the ever-practical one, just grunted and said something about “overpriced cocktails.” But even *he* admitted they were pretty spectacular.

And the Views… really *that* good? I’ve seen pictures.

Look, I was skeptical too. I've scrolled through enough travel blogs to develop a healthy dose of “photoshopped paradise” cynicism. But… yes. The pictures *don’t* lie. They can’t. They *can't possibly* encapsulate the sheer scale of it. Picture this: you're sitting on your balcony, glass of local wine in hand (more on that later!), and it's like the entire island is spread out before you. My jaw actually *ached* from staring. And the sunsets? Forget about it. I took, like, a gigabyte of photos, each slightly different, each trying to capture the incandescent glory. Good luck, camera, you're facing a losing fight.

So, practicalities. How easy is it to get around…and up to the place, really? Is it a hike *every* time?

Okay, let’s be brutally honest. Astypalaia is not for the mobility-impaired. And Kalderimi? Well, it's carved into a cliff. So yeah, there are stairs. Lots of them. Think of it as a free daily workout, you know, building up your glutes for that beach bod? I swear, I felt like a mountain goat by the end of the week. One day, I dropped my keys and had to go back *down* (grumble, grumble) and then *back up* (double grumble). Also, parking is, shall we say, *challenging*. Prepare for a battle, especially in high season. We ended up renting a tiny, barely-there car, which was probably a good thing, all things considered. I’m not sure even a Jeep would make it through some of those streets.

What kind of apartments are they? Are they modern and slick, or… rustic?

Rustic, darling, *rustic*. Think whitewashed walls, exposed beams, maybe a hand-painted tile or two. It's got that authentic Greek island vibe – charming and… well… a little rough around the edges. The one we stayed in had a fantastic terrace, which was practically an extension of the apartment. The kitchen? Tiny. The bathroom? Probably the same size as my walk-in closet back home. But honestly? Who cares? You're there for the views, the sea breezes, and the feeling of being a million miles away from… everything. I will say though, the 'hot water' was sometimes a bit of a gamble. One morning, it was practically scalding. The next? Barely a trickle. Adventures, eh?

Let's talk price. Are they, shall we say, *affordable*?

"Affordable" is a relative term, isn't it? Let's just say you're not going on a budget backpacking trip to Kalderimi. You're paying a premium for that view, the location, and the... well, the *romance* of it all. Is it worth it? I think so, but you gotta decide for yourself. I was grumbling about it at first, particularly after the dodgy hot water incident (seriously!), but honestly? The sheer bliss of waking up to that view, having breakfast on the balcony, and watching the stars at night? Priceless. Still, pack some good instant coffee, because you'll probably be saving money on overpriced espressos later.

Is there anything *bad* about Kalderimi? Anything to watch out for?

Okay, honesty time. The air conditioning in our apartment felt… optimistic. It *tried* to keep things cool, but it was a losing battle on the really hot days. And, as mentioned, the hot water situation was… unpredictable. We also had a close encounter with a rather large, but thankfully harmless, beetle in the bedroom. I may or may not have screamed (okay, I screamed). And don't expect super-fast internet. It's an island, and it's part of the charm, but if you're planning on doing any serious work, bring a book. Or just, you know, *look at the view*. It's way more interesting, truly. And let's not forget the stairs. I've mentioned the stairs, haven't I?

What about food? Any great restaurants nearby?

Oh, the food! YES. Astypalaia is a food lover's paradise. The Chora has a ton of great tavernas, many with those *amazing* sea views, if you can tear yourself away from *your* amazing sea view. Be prepared to navigate some incredibly narrow streets, though, especially in the evening. The food is fresh, simple, and bursting with flavour. Try the local cheese (Xino) and the grilled octopus. And the local wine? Well, let's just say I may have overindulged a few evenings. Find a little place called "Mylos," their stuffed tomatoes... I still dream about them. Do your research beforehand, don't be afraid to wander, and be ready for a few amazing culinary surprises.

So, would you go back? The definitive answer!

Absolutely. The stairs, the questionable air con, the *beetle*, all of it. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Astypalaia, and Kalderimi in particular, is a magical place. It's the kind of place that gets under your skin and stays there. It's not perfect. It's real. And that, my friends, is what makes it so utterly, completely, and undeniably wonderful. Just, you know, bring comfortable shoes. And maybe some bug spray. And a good book. And a camera with a REALLY good battery. You'll need it.
Where To Stay Now

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Kalderimi Residencies Astypalaia Greece

Post a Comment for "Astypalaia's Hidden Gem: Kalderimi Residencies - Unbelievable Views!"