Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano's Luxury Awaits in Penha!

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano's Luxury Awaits in Penha!

Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano - My Penha Pilgrimage & The Truth (and the Gossip!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups! Because I've just returned from a trip to Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano in Penha, and let me tell you, it was… an experience. Not all sunshine and rainbows, mind you. It's more like a vibrant, slightly uneven painting, and I'm here to give you the real lowdown, warts and all. Prepare for a messy review, folks. This is not your polished travel brochure spiel.

First things first: The Vibe. Is it REALLY Paradise?

Okay, so "Coração do Oceano" translates to "Heart of the Ocean," which sets a ridiculously high bar, doesn't it? Let's just say, it attempts to live up to the name. The location is stunning, overlooking the ocean. The Pool with a view? Absolutely Instagrammable. They've got a proper Swimming pool [outdoor], too, which is a massive plus for chilling on the beach. But, and this is a big but, the "paradise" factor felt a bit… staged at times. Think picture-perfect smiles and polished surfaces. But beneath that veneer? That's where the real story is. (Spoiler: It involves me and a very stubborn bathtub drain.)

Accessibility: Can Grandma Get Around? (And That Matters!)

This is important, folks. And frankly, it was a bit of a mixed bag, with a few caveats. The Facilities for disabled guests are present, which is a good start. The Elevator is a lifesaver, especially if you're trying to haul luggage (or, let's be honest, yourself after an afternoon at the poolside bar). BUT… I didn't get a chance to check out the specifics like the Wheelchair accessible routes. The website, however, doesn't say a word about it. So, if accessibility is a major concern, CALL AHEAD and make absolutely sure they can accommodate your needs. Because, trust me, a beautiful view isn't so gorgeous when you can't get to it.

Cleanliness & Safety – Is it CLEAN, or JUST LOOKING CLEAN?

Okay, I’m a bit of a germaphobe (shhh!), and I was very relieved to see that they take Cleanliness and safety seriously. The Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Room sanitization between stays all gave me some much-needed peace of mind. They’ve gone above and beyond with the protocols. The most significant thing is that they provide Hand sanitizer everywhere. I also loved they did the Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, although sometimes the staff were a little lax and I'd be dodging people in the breakfast buffet. They also have Sterilizing equipment. I would say the hotel is much safer compared to a lot of places. The one thing I found was that a lot of the staff didn't have much English and I had major problems, but I'll go into that more later.

Rooms: More Than Just Four Walls (I Hope!)

Okay, let's talk about the nitty gritty. My room, which I’ll call The Suite of Disappointment (kidding… mostly) was pretty good, actually. They have Air conditioning (essential!), Blackout curtains (hallelujah for sleeping in!), and free Wi-Fi [free] (thank the heavens!). The Internet access – wireless was pretty solid most of the time, which is a miracle. Free bottled water was a nice touch. But, and here comes the confession, the Bathroom? Ah, the bathroom. Let's just say I spent a considerable amount of time wrestling with the Bathtub drain. It clogged. Every. Single. Time. I swear I nearly became a plumber by the end of the stay. The best part about the experience was the Hair dryer, though – really saved my life.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious (Mostly) Food!

Right, let's talk about the fuel for the soul – or, you know, the stomach. Restaurants are present here - I've mentioned restaurants before. The Breakfast [buffet] was decent, with a wide selection. They had the usual suspects: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, fresh fruit (always a win!), and the all-important coffee machine. But, as a coffee snob, I'd rate it a 6/10. Fine, but nothing to write home about. I was a little dissapointed about this.

But the real star of the show was the Poolside bar. Their Happy hour was actually… happy! They offered a great selection of cocktails and snacks. The Poolside bar was truly an experience and the sunset views was something else. This experience saved the trip.

The Snack bar was actually pretty useful for fast orders – think fries and quick snacks.

Services and Conveniences: The Stuff That Gets You Through

Okay, this is where things started to get interesting. They have Daily housekeeping, which is a godsend, especially after my bathtub adventures. Laundry service was also a lifesaver (that Penha sand is a real troublemaker!). There’s a Concierge to help with bookings and suggestions. Luggage storage is available, and there's Car park [free of charge].

Here’s the catch, though: The staff. Oh, the staff. They were generally polite, but the communication? Let's just say my Portuguese is… rudimentary. The Staff trained in safety protocol was great, but the language barrier made some interactions a bit… challenging. Ordering room service at 3 AM after a mishap with a questionable cocktail at the bar? Let's just say it involved a lot of frantic gesturing and Google Translate.

Things to Do: Beyond the Beach (If You Can Tear Yourself Away)

Okay, so you're not just going to sit by the pool all day, are you? (Though, admittedly, it's tempting.) Things to do in the area are plentiful. The location makes it easy to enjoy the area's beaches. I did not spend enough time on the beach to make a decent comment. They also have a Fitness center, which I intended to use, but mostly I enjoyed the pool. They have a Spa, which is amazing! The Massage was pretty good!

For the Kids (and the Kid in You!)

If you have little ones, this place seems generally Family/child friendly. They have Kids facilities and Babysitting service, and while I don’t have any children, I saw lots of happy families splashing around.

The Bottom Line: Should You Book it?

Alright, here's the truth bomb. Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano is a solid choice. It has some rough edges, some imperfections, and occasional language barriers, but they're generally trying, and the bones are good. The ocean views are breathtaking, the pool is gorgeous, and the spa is a winner. Just be prepared for a slightly imperfect slice of "paradise," and bring your sense of humor (and maybe a plumber's snake, just in case!).

My Verdict: 4/5 stars. Recommended, with a side of "brace yourself for a few quirks."

Call to Action: Your Escape Awaits! (With a Special Offer!)

Ready to escape to your own slice of heaven (or at least a very nice hotel in Penha)? Here’s a special deal to make you book:

Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano within the next week using the code HEART10, and receive:

  • 10% off your entire stay! Because, hey, you deserve a break.
  • A complimentary bottle of chilled Prosecco upon arrival! (To celebrate your escape from the everyday… and maybe to commiserate over any stubborn bathtub drains.)
  • Free access to the Spa! Because you deserve to relax.

Don't wait! This offer won’t last forever. Book your unforgettable Penha adventure today, and get ready to experience the Coração do Oceano!

VerDi Kotor: Montenegro's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!

Book Now

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is a REAL journey, the kind that leaves you slightly sunburned, utterly exhausted, and with a suitcase full of questionable souvenirs. We're going to the Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA in Penha, Santa Catarina, Brazil. And let's be honest, I've got high hopes for copious amounts of caipirinhas and maybe, just maybe, a little bit of zen.

Day 1: Arrival and the Agonizing Allure of Delayed Gratification (and Pastel de Nata)

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Ugh, the airport. Let's just say I'm not a morning person. After a ridiculously delayed connection through… well, I'm not even going to dignify it with a name, I finally reach Navegantes airport. The smell of salt air is a definite improvement. Grabbing a cab – which, naturally, gets lost for a solid twenty minutes. I swear, my Portuguese is improving by the minute, mostly because I'm yelling things like "É aqui! Não, ali! Droga!" (It's here! No, there! Damn!)
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): CHECK-IN! The Pousada is… well, it's genuinely lovely. Lush, green, and promising. The staff seem genuinely lovely (or maybe I'm just delirious from lack of sleep). I'm fighting the urge to immediately collapse on the bed, but NO! First things first: lunch! Somewhere with a view, preferably involving seafood.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The restaurant at the Pousada is fantastic, but the wait for food is absolutely, soul-crushingly, BRAZILIAN. I order the grilled fish with a side of beach-view-contemplation. This turns into a lesson in patience. Two hours. Two hours of staring at the ocean, watching other people get their food, and fantasizing about devouring an entire pastel de nata (Portuguese custard tart, my Kryptonite) at the end of the meal. Finally, it arrives. Worth the wait? Absolutely. The fish is divine.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onward): Beach time! My brain is still in a daze, but the powdery sand is fantastic. Wandering down the beach, watching the surfing. I have a slightly embarrassing moment where I attempt to, you know, look like I know what I'm doing but I spend more time falling over, and getting pushed over by waves. It's a comedy of errors! Finishing the evening with (you guessed it) caipirinhas by the pool, and a slightly tipsy, very happy, reflection about life. The stars here – seriously, the stars! – are incredible.

Day 2: Rollercoasters, Regret and the Unexpected Joy of a Massage

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Breakfast buffet. The holy grail of travel experiences. Fresh fruit, pastries, coffee that actually tastes like coffee! I may have had three plates. No regrets.
  • Mid-Morning – Afternoon(9:30 AM - 3:00 PM): Beto Carrero World – the theme park. I LOVE theme parks. The rollercoaster rides are exhilarating. It's a dizzying delight, and a testament to my iron stomach. This place is HUGE. Navigating it is a bit of a logistical nightmare. I nearly lose myself in a sea of screaming children, and I DEFINITELY lose my sense of direction. Realizing on the way out that I missed "The Madagascar" show. Deep, DEEP, regret. The journey from the rollercoaster to finding some shade (and water) has a significant impact on my ability to remain upright.
  • Late Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): SPA TIME! Oh, blessed, glorious, spa time. I opt for the "Relaxation Package" (because, let's be honest, I need it). The masseuse works miracles. All the tension from the day, (and the last, oh, twenty years) just melts away. Pure, unadulterated heaven.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - Onward): Dinner and a stroll. Wandering through the village, soaking in the atmosphere. The food is a delicious mix of flavors that I can't begin to describe. I stumble upon a lively little beach bar. The music, the laughter, the feeling of connection, is pure gold. I have another caipirinha (or three), and feel utterly, wonderfully, at peace.

Day 3: A Boat Trip, Seafood Overload and the Bitter Sweetness of Leaving

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Another breakfast buffet? Yes, please! I may or may not be starting to identify myself as a croissant-eating enthusiast.
  • Mid-Morning - Afternoon (9:30 AM - 3:00 PM): Boat trip! I'd booked a snorkeling tour, and it turned into something even better. The water is crystal clear, and the coral reefs are brimming with life. The boat guide is a quirky local, regaling us with stories and pointing out dolphins (which, I have to say, is a highlight). Suddenly the boat flips. Jokes! (No, seriously, almost).
  • Late Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Seafood feast! We return to the Pousada and go hard. The seafood platter is a mountain of deliciousness: grilled fish, succulent shrimp, calamari that melts in your mouth. Seriously? I can't even. I. Can't. Even. The joy of that meal lingers.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - Onward): Packing. Ugh. The dreaded packing. I consider leaving everything behind and just living on that glorious beach forever (tempting). Trying to cram all these memories, all these experiences, into a suitcase feels wrong. Weeping quietly in front of the mirror. One last caipirinha at the bar. Goodbye to the stars. Goodbyes are hard.

Day 4: Departure and the lingering promise of returning

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): One last breakfast buffet (sigh)
  • Mid-morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): A final stroll along the beach. The sand, the sea… I'm going to miss this.
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Check out, ride to the airport. Thinking, reflecting.
  • Afternoon - Evening (12:00 PM - Onward): Travel back home. I am already dreaming of my return, of the warmth, the beaches, the caipirinhas, the sheer, unadulterated joy of being in that place. I’m already planning the next trip. And this time, I'm definitely going to see that Madagascar show.

And look, this is just a rough sketch. Things will change. Plans will go awry. I'll probably get lost, eat too much, and fall over more than once. But that's the beauty of it. It's messy, it's imperfect, and it's gloriously, wonderfully, human. And that, my friends, is what makes travel worthwhile. Bring on the adventure!

RedDoorz Golden Averis Cibuluh Bogor: Unbeatable Bogor Getaway!

Book Now

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano's Luxury Awaits in Penha! - ...Or Does It? (A Messy FAQ)

Okay, spill the tea. Is Coração do Oceano *really* paradise? Or is it just… fancy?

Alright, buckle up. “Paradise” is a *big* word, yeah? Like promising you a unicorn who does your laundry. Coração do Oceano? It’s… complicated. The pictures? Gorgeous. The website? Promises of shimmering sunsets and blissful silence. Reality? Well… let’s just say my first impression was less “oooh, ahhh” and more "did I pack the right sunscreen?". See, I’d pictured myself, you know, elegantly sipping a caipirinha on my balcony, watching the waves. Then the mosquitos attacked. Relentlessly. So close to the ocean, *all* the bugs apparently like it there too. Lesson learned: bring the heavy-duty bug spray. And maybe a flamethrower for psychological warfare. So, fancy? Yes. Paradise? Depends on your tolerance for bug bites and meticulously planned Instagram shots.

The rooms… are they actually as luxurious as they claim? My bank account is already weeping.

Okay, the rooms. This is where things get… interesting. The view? Stunning. Seriously, jaw-droppingly beautiful. The design? Modern, minimalist, Instagram-worthy. The sheets? Divine. Like, sleeping-on-a-cloud-made-of-silk divine. *However*… and there’s always a “however,” isn't there? My air conditioning was… let’s call it “assertive.” It sounded like a jet engine taking off every hour. And the mini-bar? Beautifully stocked… ridiculously overpriced. Ended up sneaking in my own wine and feeling like a total rebel. So, luxurious? Potentially, *if* everything works and your wallet can handle the cost of breathing in the air. I felt like James Bond, but on a budget. A really tight budget.

What about the food? I'm a foodie. Is it worth the hype?

The food… Oh, the food. This is where Coração do Oceano *mostly* redeemed itself. The breakfast buffet? Seriously good. Everything fresh, local fruits, amazing pastries. I may have gone back for seconds… and thirds… and possibly a fourth helping of those little pastel de natas. Don't judge me! The main restaurant, *Amor e Sabor* (Love and Flavor, get it?), was a mixed bag. Some dishes were incredible – the seafood was out of this world. The chef clearly knew what they were doing. Others… less so. One night, I ordered the risotto. It tasted… like sadness. Like risotto had gone through a really rough breakup. So, worth the hype? Definitely try the breakfast and be strategic with your dinner choices. Ask for recommendations and pray to the culinary gods. You may want to skip the risotto. Trust me.

Penha itself... is there anything to do besides, you know, *existing* in luxury?

Penha! Ah, the real world. Outside the meticulously manicured lawns of Coração do Oceano, you've got the real Brazil. It’s… a mixed bag, too. Praia de Itapema is close by (and yes, the beach is gorgeous), but getting there often involved a taxi or rental (unless you like walking in the heat, which I absolutely do not). The local shopping? Mostly tourist tat, to be honest. But there's a certain… *charm* to it all. Wandering around, dodging motorbikes, and trying to speak Portuguese (badly) is part of the adventure. I found a little cafe with amazing coffee and pastries, run by a sweet old lady who didn’t speak a word of English, but we communicated perfectly with smiles and pointing. The best days were when I ventured out -- even if it meant some minor logistical nightmares. So is there anything to do? Yes! Embrace the chaos, pack some patience, and learn to navigate the local bus system (if you're truly brave!).

The pool… is it as Instagrammable as it looks?

The pool. Oh, the pool. It is, unequivocally, *stunning*. Infinity edge, overlooking the ocean, perfect for those envy-inducing Instagram posts. I felt like a supermodel, even though I was probably just slightly sunburnt and struggling to keep my oversized sunglasses from falling off my face. Here's the *thing* though. It's a bit like a fashion show. Everyone's trying to look their best. Lots of posing. Limited actual swimming. I did, however, spent a good two hours there. I read my book, sipped my caipirinha, and watched the theatrics unfold. So, is it Instagrammable? Absolutely. Is it relaxing? Depends on your definition of relaxation. It's like a fancy water ballet. And I'm here for it!

Okay, let's get specific. The spa? Worth the splurge?

Ah, the spa. Now, *this* is where I had a full on emotional reaction. I mean, the spa environment was peaceful and elegant. The masseuse? Amazing. Her hands were like angels, melting away all the travel stress and mosquito-bite-induced anxiety. I got a deep tissue massage. And for the next hour, it was blissful. I can honestly say, "it was worth every single penny." I emerged feeling lighter, more relaxed, and like I could conquer the world. Or at least, resist the urge to eat all the pastel de natas. The only real downfall? It was a bit pricey. But honestly, at that moment, lying on that massage table, I decided to worry about the expense later. The relaxation was worth it.

Is it kid-friendly? I'm traveling with my… delightful offspring.

Kid-friendly? Hmm. Depends what you mean by "kid-friendly". There's no dedicated kids' club, and the vibe is definitely more "luxury couples retreat" than "family fun zone." The pool area, while gorgeous, might not be ideal for toddlers who like to splash and shriek (though, I have a feeling, some will). The beach nearby is great for kids, of course, though the waves can get a bit rough depending on the day. The restaurant has a kids' menu, which, thankfully, includes things like pasta and chicken nuggets (because every parent knows, sometimes, you just need a familiar food to survive). So, is it *unfriendly*? No. But it might require a bit more parental wrangling than a dedicated family resort. Prepare for potential judging looks from other guests, and lots of eye-rolling. But hey, you're used to that, right?

Would you go back? Personalized Stays

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Pousada Coração do Oceano Village & SPA Penha (Santa Catarina) Brazil

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Coração do Oceano's Luxury Awaits in Penha!"