Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Santa Cruz's Hidden Gem: Fireside Inn's Unforgettable Stay!

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

Santa Cruz's Hidden Gem: Fireside Inn's Unforgettable Stay!

Fireside Inn: Santa Cruz’s Hidden Gem… Or Just Hiding? My Brutally Honest Review!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at the Fireside Inn in Santa Cruz, and let me tell you, it was… an experience. Trying to wrangle all the details into a neat, SEO-optimized package is like herding cats, but I'll give it my best shot, because hey, you deserve the unvarnished truth. And the truth is often, well, messy.

First off, let’s be honest: finding the place felt like a treasure hunt. It's definitely a "hidden gem" in the sense that it's, uh, hidden. But once you finally stumble upon it, you're greeted by… well, let’s just say the charm is… rustic. Think "vintage seaside motel" and you're halfway there.

Accessibility: Big points here! The website (yes, they have one, hooray!) claims things are accessible, and hey, they've got an elevator – a definite win for anyone who struggles with stairs. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, so that’s a plus. But… and this is a big but… further investigation is required to determine if the implementation truly reflects the promise. Ask before you book if accessibility is a dealbreaker!

Cleanliness & Safety - The Pandemic Play: Okay, this is where the Fireside Inn really shines. They are taking the pandemic seriously. I mean, seriously. Everywhere you look, there’s hand sanitizer dispensers, and signs about physical distancing of at least 1 meter. They've got the good anti-viral cleaning products and everything seemed to be daily disinfection in common areas. They're even offering room sanitization opt-out available which I thought was a nice touch. They also showed that staff trained in safety protocol, with Individual-wrapped food options too. They were also equipped with first aid kit and a doctor/nurse on call. No kidding, it felt like a small army of cleaners was constantly at work. Definitely a place to feel safe-ish, even if I did miss the pre-pandemic world.

Rooms – The Good, The Okay, and the “Did Someone Say… Beige?” The room itself… was… functional. Let's put it that way. It had air conditioning (thank god, because Santa Cruz gets HOT), a desk (essential for "working remotely" aka procrastinating), and a coffee/tea maker. Oh, and the complimentary tea… tasted like, well, tea. Nothing fancy. The bathrobes felt a little thin, and the linens, well, they were… there. On the plus side, the blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping in! The Wi-Fi [free] worked, but sometimes you had to beg it a little. The internet access – wireless also works, which is great. There's an internet access – LAN. I was also happy that they had a mirror! I mean, how else can you look at yourself?

The BEST Thing About My Room: The window that opens! Seriously, after being cooped up indoors for a year, the ability to crack a window and breathe in that salty Santa Cruz air was pure bliss. This minor detail made me feel more alive than half the fancy amenities. Also I'm proud of them for the non-smoking rooms!

Now for the Meh: The TV had satellite/cable channels, but the picture was often fuzzy. The bathroom phone was a bit of a relic. The extra long bed was, well, extra. The soundproofing wasn't great, especially at night when the seagulls started their squawking concert.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Food! Glorious… Mediocre Food? Okay, here's the deal. The restaurants are, shall we say, limited. There's a coffee/tea in restaurant and a breakfast [buffet]. I tried both. The coffee was weak, the buffet was… adequate. They had Western breakfast but not much else. I wanted the salad in restaurant. The staff were friendly, though, I'll give them that! They also have a poolside bar, and it was a blast because you can enjoy a drink by the swimming pool [outdoor]. They have Happy hour, which is a bonus. They had breakfast takeaway service and a bottle of water.

Things to do / Ways to Relax – The Spa Dream (and Reality)

This is where the Fireside Inn promised big things. They list a spa, sauna, steamroom, massage, and a pool with view. The website paints a picture of pure bliss. The Reality? Well… they had a tiny, indoor pool. Like, "fit in a handful of people" tiny. The sauna & steamroom were closed due to covid, I managed to find one person that mentioned they had a Body scrub, but it was a long time ago. All the Spa stuff was gone and so was the Gym/fitness and Fitness center! Don’t go expecting a spa retreat, folks.

Services and Conveniences – The "We Tried" Department

They have a concierge, and they were helpful enough. But… it felt like they were always one step behind. They offered room service [24-hour]. Daily housekeeping was a plus. They had luggage storage, which came in handy. Dry cleaning and laundry service were apparently available, though I didn’t use them. They also had a gift/souvenir shop, although I saw nothing to buy. They offer car park [free of charge]. They had a Cash withdrawal, Safe dining setup, and even a safety deposit boxes.

Additional Thoughts & Ramblings:

  • Pets allowed unavailable: This is a bummer for some. I wish they would let you keep your dog.
  • The check-in/out [express] was a godsend. I hate waiting around!
  • The elevator ran without issue!
  • They had Babysitting service!
  • The air conditioning in public area was nice, but they could have done better.
  • They even had facilities for disabled guests, although I didn’t investigate them to the fullest.
  • Hotel chain is listed: I'm unsure which, or if this is accurate, but I'll pretend.
  • The smoking area was far away from all the rooms.

The Verdict:

Listen, the Fireside Inn isn't the Ritz-Carlton. It's not even the Hyatt. But it's clean, it's safe, it's got the basics, and the location is pretty darn good. You're close to the beach, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and all the quirky charm Santa Cruz has to offer. Just don't expect perfection, and adjust your expectations accordingly.

My Rating: Three out of Five Seagulls (Because the Seagulls are everywhere).


Now for the Sales Pitch (Because My Inner Marketer Demands It!)

Tired of cookie-cutter hotels? Craving a Santa Cruz escape that’s safe, clean, and conveniently located? Then the Fireside Inn might just be your jam.

Here's why you should book RIGHT NOW:

  • Safety First! Breathe easy knowing the Fireside Inn is going above and beyond to keep you safe with top-notch hygiene practices.
  • Sea Breeze Bliss: Enjoy a quick stroll to the beach and soak up that California sunshine! Perfect for escaping lock-down.
  • Budget-Friendly Fun: The Fireside Inn gives you all the essentials.
  • Book Now for [Seasonal Offer!]: Use code "SEAGULLS" at checkout and get [Discount percentage]% off your stay, plus a complimentary bottle of [Local beverage, e.g., local wine]!
  • It’s Safe: Relax with the peace of mind of a hotel that takes care of you!
  • Family-Friendly: You can have a safe stay with your kids!

Don’t wait! This deal won’t last! Book your unforgettable Santa Cruz adventure at the Fireside Inn today!

(Disclaimer: “Unforgettable” is subjective. Your experience may vary. Seagull noises are guaranteed.)

Escape to Paradise: Marika Hotel, Crete's Hidden Gem

Book Now

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into a weekend getaway to the FIRESIDE INN in Santa Cruz. This isn't your perfectly manicured travel itinerary; this is the real deal, complete with questionable decisions, sudden cravings, and the sheer chaotic beauty of a trip gone (mostly) right.

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz: A Weekend of Slightly Unhinged Joy (and Questionable Snack Choices)

Friday: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Search for the Perfect Taco

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival & Room Reconnaissance: Landed in Santa Cruz, slightly frazzled after the drive (traffic, you know?). Pulled up to the Fireside Inn, and whew, the photos don't lie – that courtyard is actually as charming as it looks. Checked in, got my keys – room 204, facing the pool. First thought? "Alright, let's see if this bed is actually as comfy as they claim." Spoiler alert: it was. Absolute cloud. I did a small happy dance in there, you know, the kind you only do when you're alone in a hotel room. Also, assessed the snacks situation at the front desk. Think I grabbed a bag of whatever was there. Always do.

  • 2:00 PM - Poolside Procrastination (and Sunstroke Threat): Okay, so I thought I was gonna immediately hit the pool. But then I saw that glorious California sun, and I felt the urge to…do absolutely nothing. Spent a good hour lounging on the chaise, half-heartedly reading a thriller. (I kept getting distracted by the palm trees. They’re so…palmy!). Also, nearly got toasted. Lesson learned: sunscreen is your friend.

  • 3:00 PM - Taco Quest Begins: Serious taco craving hit. Like, a deep, primal need for flavorful, authentic Mexican food. The front desk recommended a place, but Yelp reviews were…mixed. Went with my gut (and a frantic Google search). Ended up at a tiny little hole-in-the-wall a few blocks away. The name? "Tacos Al Pastor." Pure. Bliss. (I might have ordered three. Don't judge.)

  • 4:00 PM - The Santa Cruz Vibe Check: Okay, so this is where I tried to walk the Santa Cruz boardwalk, but it's an experience. It's a sensory overload in the best kind of way. The sounds of the arcade games, the smells of fried dough, the rollercoaster…wow. Did a little stroll, the sun was setting, people were laughing, the ocean was…oceaning. Perfection.

  • 7:00 PM - Sunset Stroll & (Unsuccessful) Cocktail Attempt: Decided a pre-dinner cocktail was in order. Strolled down to the beach for sunset. It was gorgeous, except I couldn’t find a decent cocktail anywhere. They were all overly sweet, or watered down. Maybe I'm a cocktail snob? Maybe. But the sunset? Utterly worth it. I might have taken 20 pictures.

  • 8:00 PM - Dinner & Self-Reflection: Found a cute restaurant a bit away from the craziness that had fantastic seafood. The wine was excellent, dinner was even better. I spent the time with myself, going over the day in my head. I was happy, truly. It was the feeling of being on holiday, and letting go.

Saturday: Beach Bliss, Board(walk) Regret, and the Pursuit of Authentic Coffee

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet & Judgment: Okay, so the Fireside Inn has a complimentary breakfast. I love a free breakfast, but let's be honest, hotel breakfast buffets can be a mixed bag. This one was…fine. The fruit looked suspiciously perfect. Did they…did they spray it? The scrambled eggs were slightly rubbery. But the coffee was passable. It was enough to fuel the day.

  • 10:00 AM - Beach Therapy: Heading back the beach! This time, I was prepared. Beach chair, book, and a giant bottle of water. I found a shady spot, and the sheer beauty of it washed over me. The ocean was a cerulean dream. If I could have stayed there forever, I would have.

  • 1:00 PM - Boardwalk Round 2: The Rollercoaster Redemption Okay, okay, I know I said I was overwhelmed. But on the second day, I just HAD to ride the Giant Dipper. It's a right of passage, and I'm a sucker for a good rollercoaster. The ride was everything! The speed, the exhilaration, the sudden drops…I screamed like a 12-year-old. This time, I had fun.

  • 3:00 PM - Coffee Quest & (Relatively) Successful Caffeine Fix: The hotel coffee had me needing a better caffeine hit. I needed the good stuff. Spent an hour wandering around looking for a local coffee shop that wasn't Starbucks, and finally stumbled upon some place that roasted their own beans. It was heaven. The aroma, the taste, the whole atmosphere…exactly what I needed.

  • 5:00 PM - Poolside Lounge Went back to the pool for a couple of hours, which mostly involved lots of swimming and reading. I also managed to nap, so I was winning.

  • 7:00 PM - Dinner & (Possibly Overly Enthusiastic) Dessert: Another meal at a cute small restaurant down town, which included a rather large serving of tiramisu. No regrets.

Sunday: Departure, Reflections, and a Last-Minute Souvenir Shop

  • 9:00 AM - Final Breakfast & Hotel Sighs: Another breakfast (fruit still suspicious). Checked out of the hotel. Said a mental goodbye to that glorious bed.

  • 10:00 AM - Souvenir Scramble: Last-minute souvenir dash. Found way more than I thought I would.

  • 11:00 AM - The Drive Home & Post-Trip Blues: Got back into the car. The drive was uneventful. Post-trip blues hit me hard. Already planning my next escape…Maybe to Santa Cruz again?

Reflections (Because We All Need 'Em):

Santa Cruz is…something. It's a place of contrasts, of wild abandon, and a whole lot of ocean. The Fireside Inn was a fantastic home base. It was clean, comfortable, and the staff were super friendly. This trip wasn't perfect – the food was mediocre at times, and I definitely spent too much money on overpriced souvenirs. But it was mine. And that, my friends, is what matters. Now, time to start planning the next one!

Voronezh's BEST Hotel? This Hidden Gem Will SHOCK You!

Book Now

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

Fireside Inn, Santa Cruz: Prepare for a Ride (and a Few Unexpected Napkin Rings!)

Okay, so everyone raves... is the Fireside Inn *really* all that?

Alright, let's be real. Yes. And no. Here's the deal: If you're expecting a sterile, perfectly-orchestrated Ritz-Carlton experience, turn around *now*. If you're looking for something with soul, a touch of quirky charm that’s been lovingly (and sometimes haphazardly) curated, then YES. ABSOLUTELY YES. Think less "polished gem" and more "slightly tarnished, but beautifully glowing heirloom." Honestly, I went in with HIGH expectations, thanks to all the online hype, and...well, it *mostly* lived up to them. There was this one tiny, slightly chipped teacup in my room (the "Coastal Calm" room, btw!), but it felt *right*. Like, it had seen some stuff, y'know?

What's the "vibe" like at the Fireside Inn? Is it romantic? Family-friendly? Aggressively hipster?

The vibe? Ah, that's where things get interesting. Romantic? Absolutely, if you're into cozy fireplaces, ocean views, and the subtle scent of... well, I *think* it was eucalyptus? Or maybe it was the cleaning product! (Listen, I'm not a scent expert, okay?!) Family-friendly? Hmm, I'd say yes, in a low-key sort of way. There weren't any screaming kids when *I* was there, but I could see it working. Aggressively hipster? God, no. Thank goodness. It leans more towards "laid-back Californian, with a touch of vintage cool." Think worn leather armchairs, local art on the walls (seriously, some of the stuff was *amazing*), and a general absence of pretension. Okay, maybe one or two *very* fancy coffee machines... but even that felt… authentic.

Tell me about the rooms! Are they as good as everyone says?

Okay, the rooms. This is where the Fireside Inn *really* shines (pun absolutely intended). My "Coastal Calm" room? Pure, unadulterated bliss. The bed was like sinking into a cloud (seriously, I *almost* didn't get out of it for breakfast!), the fireplace was crackling and glorious, and the view… the view was breathtaking. Now, I read a review that complained about the shower pressure, and I honestly thought, "Oh, here we go..." but it was *perfectly* fine! Maybe they fixed it? Maybe my standards are just low. Whatever. The point is, the rooms are fantastic, well-appointed, and designed for maximum relaxation. Just... don't expect perfectly matched furniture. I think my nightstand was from a different era than the bed. But that’s part of the charm, right?

The complimentary breakfast... what's the deal? Is it just stale muffins and instant coffee? I AM a foodie...

Oh, the breakfast. Okay, here’s a confession: I skipped it the first day. I was too busy staring at the ocean. BIG MISTAKE. The next morning I went down there, and my eyes almost popped out. Okay, not *that* dramatic. But it was GOOD. Really, really good. They had the usual continental stuff – fruit, yogurt, pastries – but they also had, like, *gourmet* granola, fresh fruit salads, and… are you ready?... freshly baked quiche. And the coffee? Not that instant garbage! Proper, delicious coffee. I even saw someone get a personalized omelet. I regret not ordering one. Damn you, breakfast-skippers! Seriously though, the breakfast is good. It's not Michelin-star quality, but it's definitely a step above your average hotel breakfast buffet. And the views... *again*... just wow.

Is there anything that's... not so great? Be honest!

Of course, there are imperfections! This isn't a fairytale, people. For starters... finding parking can be a *nightmare*. Seriously. Be prepared to circle the block a few times, especially during peak season. Also, the Wi-Fi was a little spotty in my room. Okay, maybe more than a little. I ended up just giving up and enjoying the peace and quiet, which, you know, might be the point. And… and this is petty, but… the napkin rings at breakfast were this weird, tangled wire thing. They were aesthetically… a choice. Let’s just say, I’m not sure they were easily washable. But honestly? Those are minor quibbles. Minor. And maybe a slightly dingy lampshade in the hallway. It was really just a pleasant stay!

How close is the Fireside Inn to the beach and other attractions?

Perfection! Literally, across the street. You can practically roll out of bed and onto the sand. Okay, maybe not *practically*, but you get the idea. The beach is right there, which is *amazing*. And it’s an easy drive to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, the shops, the restaurants… everything you need is within easy reach. But honestly? I barely left the hotel. I spent most of my time on the balcony, staring at the ocean. It's *that* kind of place. I swear, I saw a dolphin. Or maybe it was just a particularly enthusiastic wave. Either way, it was magic.

Would you go back? Seriously, would you? And, tell me about your *favorite* moment.

Absolutely. Without a doubt. I’m already plotting my return. And my favorite moment? Okay, get ready for this… It wasn't some grand, Instagram-worthy moment, mind you. It was simple. I was sitting on my balcony, wrapped in one of those plush hotel robes (another great thing about the Fireside Inn!), sipping my coffee, watching the sunrise over the ocean. The air was crisp, the light was golden… and I felt… completely and utterly content. Like, *that's* the feeling you chase, right? That feeling of peace, of being completely present in the moment? The Fireside Inn gave me that. The chipped teacup, the tangled napkin rings, the spotty Wi-Fi… all of it faded away. It's a flawed, beautiful place. And now I want to go back right now. Send help... and maybe a teacup.

The Stay Journey

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

FIRESIDE INN Santa Cruz (CA) United States

Post a Comment for "Santa Cruz's Hidden Gem: Fireside Inn's Unforgettable Stay!"