Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Villa Athinais, Crete

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Villa Athinais, Crete

Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Villa Athinais, Crete - My Unfiltered Take (Brace Yourself!)

Okay, so you're looking for a hotel in Crete? Specifically, Villa Athinais? Good choice. I've been digging around, and let me tell you, this ain't just some cookie-cutter resort. This is about experiencing. So, let's rip off the marketing gloss and get down to brass tacks.

First, the "Need to Know" Stuff (Yawn… But Important, I Guess)

  • Accessibility: Okay, here's where things get… nuanced; Facilities for disabled guests are mentioned, which is a good start, but the level of accessibility isn’t specified. Always best to call and confirm details based on your specific needs. Accessibility is super important - you don't want to be stuck somewhere you can't get around!
  • Internet: Thank heavens! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That, my friends, is a godsend. Also, Internet [LAN]? Old school, love it! You can probably actually work here, which is a win. Internet access, Internet services and Wi-Fi in public areas are all good to know about, but the real hero here is the free Wi-Fi.
  • Cleanliness and Safety: This is where they're REALLY earning points. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter (good!), Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available finally - someone gives me a choice!, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sterilizing equipment! Okay, cool, I can safely eat, breathe, and (hopefully) not bring home the plague. Good job, Villa Athinais. Doctor/nurse on call and a First aid kit are reassuring, too.
  • Rooms: Let's skip over the obvious things, like Air conditioning (thank God), Alarm clock, Bathtub, Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Shower, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free]. What really grabbed my attention? Additional toilet! (Yes, please.) Blackout curtains! (Sleep is precious on holiday.) Interconnecting room(s) available (good for families, or if you need extra space for your entourage!). Soundproofing! (So you can finally sleep without hearing everyone else's snoring.) Extra long bed! (For those of us who are vertically gifted.) And a Window that opens! (Fresh air, people!)

The Fun Bits (Where the Real Magic Happens – Or Doesn't, We'll See…)

  • Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Okay, this is where things get interesting. Massage? Yes, please. Spa? YES, PLEASE. Let’s explore the sauna and see if it feels like torture… or bliss. Spa/sauna could indicate you need to plan properly before the moment strikes, but who knows? Pool with view? I’m already picturing myself, cocktail in hand, ignoring all my worldly problems. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Obvious win. Fitness center? Tempting, but I'm also thinking, “Maybe tomorrow.”
  • Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Here's the juicy part. Restaurants, plural! Okay, I like this. And a Poolside bar? Sold! Breakfast [buffet] (always a risky proposition, but I still love it), Coffee shop, Happy hour… and most importantly, the 24-hour room service: my saviour after a long day of sunbathing. I'm hoping for some amazing Greek food, and the presence of Alternative meal arrangement, along with Vegetarian restaurant could be positive.
  • Services and Conveniences: Concierge – useful for finding hidden gems. Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping (praise be!), Dry cleaning, Elevator (phew!), Luggage storage, and Safety deposit boxes are also good. The Doorman makes things nicer every day. Even a Gift/souvenir shop is a plus. Oh! Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]! Another win!

My Raw Experience (The Stream of Consciousness)

Okay, let's get personal. I've been reading about Villa Athinais, and I'm already picturing myself there – maybe just for the pool views. The idea of a Steamroom and an exterior corridor makes me want to say "No, but I did it!" But let’s say my experience with the Swimming pool [outdoor] goes sour.

I'm not entirely sure if I would use the Babysitting service, but a thought that if my kids are coming, it's great to know!

So, Here’s the Deal…

Villa Athinais, on paper, looks pretty damn good. But I need more than just a brochure. I need a feeling. I need to feel like I’m escaping. I want to soak up the sun and take in the rich surroundings. A place where you can feel the sand between your toes, all worries melting away, and the only important decision is whether to get another cocktail.

My Offer. (You're Welcome).

Book your Escape to Paradise at Villa Athinais NOW and Receive:

  • Guaranteed Upgrade: Book within the next 7 days, and you'll get a complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking the sparkling sea!
  • Exclusive Spa Package: Indulge in a signature massage and sauna session designed to melt away stress and leave you feeling utterly revitalized. (This is the real selling point, in my opinion.)
  • Complimentary Welcome Cocktail: Kickstart your Cretan adventure with a delicious cocktail at the poolside bar upon arrival. (Because, why not?)
  • Free Airport Transfer: Skip the hassle and let us whisk you away from the airport and straight to paradise.

Don't Wait! This offer is only available for a limited time. Escape to Paradise, unwind, and discover the secrets of Villa Athinais. Your Cretan adventure awaits! Click the link below to book and start dreaming!

(Link to Booking Website)

P.S. Bring your own sunscreen. And maybe an extra pair of shoes. And remember, the best travel stories always involve a little chaos. Buckle up!

Unbelievable Hotel Arrows Uden: Netherlands' Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Okay, buckles up, buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly-edited travel blog. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly-sunburned truth about my attempt at a Villa Athinais adventure in Crete. Consider this less a polished itinerary and more… a therapy session disguised as a trip plan.

Villa Athinais, Crete: Operation "Embrace Chaotic Beauty" (aka, Actually Trying to Relax)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Olive Oil Debacle (or, Welcome to Greek Time)

  • Morning (Uh, Kind Of): Finally! After a flight that felt like it stretched across the Aegean Sea itself, I land in Heraklion. Immigration? Smooth. Baggage claim? Surprisingly speedy. Taxi to Villa Athinais? A glorious, slightly terrifying ride through winding Cretan roads. The driver, bless his heart, treated every corner like a rally stage. My internal monologue during those hairpin turns? "Just breathe. You're alive. Mostly."

  • Afternoon (Afternoon-ish): Villa Athinais! It’s gorgeous, a whitewashed dream nestled amongst olive groves. I’d seen the pictures, of course, but the reality… well, it's even more Instagram-worthy (sorry, can't help myself). The pool gleamed. The air smelled of something indescribably amazing, a mix of herbs, sea breeze, and pure, unadulterated bliss. But… the key wasn't working. A quick call to the villa manager, and she says, "Oh, yeah, Greek time, you know?" Cue my first lesson in the beauty of patience.

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening (We Never Ate): Finally inside! Checked in, unpacked, and immediately realized I was ravenous. Figuring out the kitchen was a whole other adventure. My fridge's current contents is a bottle of water, and a handful of oranges. I attempted to make something resembling a Greek salad, but the olive oil dispenser… let's just say the olive oil exploded. I'm covered in it. The counter is covered in it. The cat, who mysteriously appeared on the porch, seems to enjoy the mess. The salad? Minimal. My state of mind? "This is supposed to be relaxing."

  • Evening (Hungry, Tired, and Slightly Covered in Olive Oil): Giving up. I decide to find a proper taverna. Google Maps said there was one just a short walk away. Short walk? More like a sweaty hike. Ended up getting completely lost (again). Found a lovely taverna eventually, tucked away in the hills. The food was incredible and the sunset was breathtaking. Turns out I'm a sucker for a good plate of lamb chops and friendly locals. The best thing? They didn’t judge me for the olive oil situation. They just smiled and offered me a shot of raki. I think I'm going to like Greece.

Day 2: Poolside Prosecco and the Melancholy of a Sun Lounger

  • Morning (The Reclaim the Pool): I awoke with a sore back and a slightly optimistic outlook and decided the best way to start a new day was jumping in the pool. The pool was perfect, like a turquoise jewel set in the landscape. I read for a while, listened to music, and actually felt myself starting to unwind. This is what it was supposed to be! This is why I came!

  • Afternoon (Prosecco and the Sun): It was all going so well. Until I made the mistake of opening a bottle of Prosecco. Now? I'm staring out at the sea, in a sun lounger, and feeling this strange, beautiful pang of sadness. Maybe it's the wine. Maybe it's the sheer beauty of the place. Maybe it's just the fact that everyone back home is probably dealing with… life. And here I am. In paradise. And feeling…a little melancholy.

  • Evening (Rebirth Through Food and the Sea): I walk to the beach again, a bit tipsy. The air smells of salt and something else, something delicious and mysterious, like hidden spices. I ate fresh seafood, the best I've ever tasted, the sound of waves breaking and the stars are the only company. A moment, just a flicker, of perfect peace.

Day 3: The Knossos Labyrinth and the Shadow of a Minotaur

  • Morning (Lost in Time): Determined to do some sight-seeing, I drove to Knossos. The whole place is amazing. Then the crowds, and more crowds, and then the heat… I was ready to leave. The history is fascinating, even without the air conditioning. One thing I can confirm: I'd be totally lost in that labyrinth. Pretty sure I'd end up as Minotaur food.

  • Afternoon (Chugging Water and Regretting Jeans): Seriously, the heat! Found refuge in a tiny café and ordered a massive iced coffee and stared at the locals. Then I did more wandering and got lost because I wasn't paying attention. In the end, all I saw are dusty ruins and a bunch of people battling the heat, too.

  • Evening (Back to the Villa, Back to Sanity): This is a good reminder that you're no adventurer. The villa, a cool breeze, and a good book, and good food. I'm starting to understand the Greek concept of "siga siga" (slowly, slowly). It's working. I'm slowly, surely, relaxing.

Day 4: Beach Bliss (and the Persistence of the Sunburn)

  • Morning (Sunscreen Schmears and Sandcastles of Hope): Today is all about the beach. No itinerary. No pressure. I applied sunscreen (twice!), grabbed my book, and spent the entire morning listening to the waves. Okay, so I might have fallen asleep and gotten yet another sunburn. (I'm learning, okay?)

  • Afternoon (The Power of the Sea): Swimming. Floating. Just being. The water is crystal clear, the sand is soft, and for a while, the world just…stopped. I just want to stay here for a while.

  • Evening (Empty Plate and Full Heart): Another dinner at the taverna. This time I know the way! Same amazing food, same friendly faces, and a renewed sense of well-being. Maybe I'm finally starting to get this "relaxation" thing.

Day 5: Farewell and the Promise to Return (Eventually)

  • Morning (The Sad Goodbyes): Packing. Cleaning. Preparing to leave. I really don't want to go. This place, with all its imperfections, has weaved its magic.

  • Afternoon (Road Trip): Another drive taking me back to Heraklion airport. I'm not going to lie, for the first time, those crazy Cretan roads didn't seem so scary. I even almost enjoyed them!

  • Evening (A Taste of Crete): As I take a final look at the Villa Athinais, a smile creeps over my face. I'm going to return. I will survive. I'll find a way to be better at vacationing. I will figure out the olive oil situation!

This trip wasn't perfect. It was messy, imperfect, and filled with all the usual travel mishaps. But amidst the chaos, the sun, the food, the locals, and ultimately, it was real. And that, my friends, is what matters the most. Until next time, Crete. Siga siga.

Bled's BEST Apartments: Vila Marjetica Awaits!

Book Now

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Villa Athinais, Crete - FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, You Need to Know)

Is Villa Athinais *actually* paradise, or is it just really good marketing? Because, let's be honest, I'm jaded.

Okay, okay, *fine*. Let me be brutally honest: Marketing is a lie, right? Except… With Villa Athinais, the pictures are *mostly* accurate. The view? Unreal. The pool? Yep, that's as blue as it looks, shockingly so. Is it *pure* paradise? Look, I’m human. I stubbed my toe on the patio stone on the first day. Twice. So, no, not *perfect* paradise. But like… a really, REALLY good facsimile. Think "paradise, but with slightly wonky Wi-Fi in the kitchen." Which, by the way, is a *major* mood killer when you're trying to Instagram your gourmet Cretan breakfast. Ugh.

What's the deal with the location? Is it remote? Crowded? Do I need to rent a donkey to get around? (Just kidding... mostly.)

Okay, the donkey thing? Probably not. Unless you *really* want to channel your inner Zorba. The villa is in a village (I think it was called Stavros? Maybe, don't quote me on that, I was too busy staring at the sea), which means you are *not* in the thick of the party scene. Thank. God. (My ears are still recovering from last year’s Ibiza disaster… long story). It's a short drive to local tavernas, and you can definitely walk into the village. It's not *completely* isolated, meaning you can get supplies, but it *feels* remote enough that you can actually breathe. Now, about the *drive* to get there… The roads? Let’s just say my GPS had a full-blown existential crisis at one point. Google Maps told me to take a *dirt track*. I almost cried. But hey, the adventure made the first (and second) Mythos taste that much better.

The photos show a gorgeous pool. Is it as good in reality (and, importantly, is it cold?)

Oh, the pool. Let's talk about the pool. It is *stunning*. Seriously, the view from the edge of the pool is worth the price of admission alone. And the water…! Now, the water *wasn't* freezing, which is a HUGE win for me. I hate cold pools, like, intensely. I’m talking full-body shivers and a general feeling of impending doom cold. This one? Perfectly refreshing. Spent hours there. Actually, maybe a *few* too many hours. My skin resembled a prune by the final day, and my brain was addled from too much sunshine. But hey, totally worth it. Except for the sunburn. Pro-tip: Wear sunscreen. Seriously. Don't be like me.

Speaking of which, how's the privacy? I need to be able to walk around in my pajamas without fear of judgement.

Privacy? Score! The villa is perfectly secluded. You won't feel like you're being watched, which is a massive relief. Pajama parade? Go for it! Morning coffee on the balcony, basking in the sun in your birthday suit (not officially recommending that one, but hey, not judging), reading a book by the pool… pure bliss. There's a feeling of absolute freedom there, a luxury I really appreciated. I spent a good chunk of time wandering around in a dressing gown, feeling like a proper movie star. Until, that is, the wind caught my dressing gown. Oops.

What's the food situation like? Is the kitchen well-equipped? Do I need to pack instant noodles? (Please say no to the noodles.)

The kitchen? *Yes*. It's well-equipped. Honestly, better than my kitchen at home. There's everything you need, plus maybe a few things you *don't* need (like a fancy ice cream scooper I had *no* idea how to use... kept dropping the ice cream anyway). No instant noodles, please, for the love of all that is holy! You're in Crete! *Eat the food!* The local markets are incredible, overflowing with fresh produce, olives the size of your thumb, and cheese that’ll make you weep with happiness. The tavernas are amazing (more on that later). I attempted to cook once but mostly ate the things I bought. My efforts were… let’s say, amateur. But hey, I tried! And the wine... oh, the wine! Don't expect to eat a balanced diet, you're on holiday for crying out loud!

Let’s get serious: the beds. Are they comfortable? Because a terrible bed can ruin a whole vacation.

Okay, THIS is critical. The BED. I have a weird relationship with beds. They have to be just right. Too soft, and I sink into a black hole. Too hard, and I feel like I'm sleeping on a slab of granite. The beds at Villa Athinais? Perfect. I slept like a baby. Seriously. I haven’t slept that well in *years*. So comfortable. Fluffy pillows. Quality sheets. I actually dreaded getting out of bed in the morning. That's how good it was. My only complaint? I had to leave it eventually. That bed… pure sleep heaven. Seriously, if I could have, I would have smuggled one home in my suitcase.

The local tavernas: spill the tea! Where should I go? What should I eat? How lost did you get?

Okay, so the tavernas… This is where things get REALLY good. I’m pretty sure I gained five pounds just thinking about them. The food is *incredible*. Truly. Fresh seafood, incredible salads (the Greek salad? Forget about it!), grilled meats cooked to perfection. I can’t remember the names of all the places I went, because, let's face it, I was too busy stuffing my face to take notes. But ask the villa staff for recommendations – they know the best hidden gems. You ABSOLUTELY MUST try the Dakos (a Cretan salad), and the fresh grilled octopus. Oh, and the olive oil… Don't even get me started. It's like liquid gold. I was trying to learn some Greek, "Efxaristo = thank you," "Parakalo = You're welcome" and “Yamas = Cheers!”. I’m still practicing my pronunciation… Let’s just say my attempts at speaking Greek resulted in a lot of laughter (mostly from the locals). And getting lost? Oh, absolutely. Multiple times. Part of the adventure. Especially when the "adventure" led to a hidden beachside taverna with the BEST seafood. Winning!

Cozy Stay Spot

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Villa Athinais Crete Island Greece

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Villa Athinais, Crete"